Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe
Low Carb Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe, stuffed with chicken sausage, avocado, and jalapeno cream cheese.
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe
There are moments when a simple bowl of cereal, just won’t do the trick at breakfast time.
There are also times when your diet dictates what you can or cannot have, and traditional carb-heavy breakfast items do not make the cut. That is when you need a high-protein low carb Breakfast Egg Wrap to start your day off right!
Today’s Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe is an ultra low carb option, that is high in fat and protein to keep you feeling full and burning fat throughout the day.
Made with just five simple ingredients, these ketogenic sausage and cheese rolls are easy to whip up in the morning. Yet they also make great leftovers, so you can cook and roll them the night before, then just grab one to-go in the morning!
When following any sort of low carb diet it can be easy to feel frustrate over the favorite foods you must eliminate. This Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe mimics a classic sausage roll.
Yet instead of yeast bread wrapped around sausage, here we have a thin egg crepe and ripe creamy avocado.
The combination of scrambled eggs, juicy chicken sausages, spicy jalapeno cream cheese, and soft avocado is the perfect blend of comfort and excitement!
You won’t miss carbs a bit, when you make this breakfast.
How to Make Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe
The key to making fabulous egg wraps is to master the art of making an egg crepe.
First whisk the eggs with salt and pepper until frothy.
Then pour the egg mixture into a nonstick skillet with a little bit of melted butter.
Swirl the egg around until you have a thin even layer covering the pan. Once the edges are crisp, use a silicone spatula to flip the crepe.
Once all the egg crepes are made, simply spread on the soft avocado and cream cheese, place a warm sausage in the middle and roll it up like a burrito!
Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe Tips
- Make sure to fold the sides in as you roll your keto wraps so the fillings are enclosed.
- You can roll each wrap in plastic and refrigerate for easy grab-n-go breakfasts.
- Double or triple this recipe to last all week.
- Our Keto Breakfast Wraps are great cold or warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you prefer, you can definitely use a tortilla instead of making the egg wrap, but they won’t be ketogenic or low carb!
Store your egg wraps well wrapped in plastic wrap and in an airtight container in the fridge. The wraps will stay good for up to 3 days! You can eat them cold or reheat them in the microwave.
More Ketogenic Recipes
- The BEST Cloud Bread
- Keto Cauliflower Tortillas
- Amazing Chinese Egg Roll Wraps
- Creaole Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- Low Carb Steak Fajita Roll Ups
Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap Recipe
- Place an 11- to 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, place the chicken sausages in the skillet and sear to warm through. Then move them to a plate and cover with foil.
- Wipe the skillet out with a damp paper towel. Crack the eggs into a bowl, making sure you have 2 cups worth. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk throughly until the eggs are frothy.
- Place 1 teaspoon butter into the skillet. Once melted, add 1/2 cup eggs. Swirl the pan to create an 11- to 12-inch even circle. Cook for 1-2 minutes until mostly cooked, then carefully flip the egg wrap over with a large spatula. Cook another 30-60 seconds. Slide the egg crepe onto a cutting board and repeat 3 more times, making 4 egg wraps total.
- Lay each egg wraps flat and scoop half an avocado on the wrap. Spread the avocado into a thin layer. Then spread 2 tablespoons of jalapeño cream cheese over the avocado.
- Place a chicken sausage on each egg wrap and fold the wrap over the sausage. Fold the sides inward, like a burrito, and roll the egg wrap, tucking the sides as you roll. Repeat.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.