Valentine’s Day Snack Trail Mix
Homemade Valentine’s Day Snack Trail Mix Recipe + Printable Tags! No cooking or baking today; just a simple dump and stir homemade trail mix recipe that makes an exciting Valentine snack for school time.
Valentines Day Snack
This Valentine snack is a great filler for goodie bags. You simply mix the homemade trail mix, scoop into snack-sized bags, then add a fun tag.
Generally, I’m NOT very crafty. The craftiest I get is making paper flowers for cupcake toppers or trying to paint fondant gnomes. So if I can create Valentine cards with my kids, YOU can make Valentine cards too!
For these sweet Valentine bag tags, I used clip art from an online store that offers cute clean graphics and printable invitations, party supplies, and digital backgrounds. (The graphic pack I bought gave me rights to share them with you.) The clip art allowed me to FEEL crafty, when really all I did was cut and paste… With my mouse.
You can make your own, or use mine. Either way, this Homemade Trail Mix Valentine Snack will be the hit of the party.
To Use My Tags:
- Click Here To Print (Cardstock recommended.)
- Cut each sheet in half, then trim approximately 3/4 inch off each side to match the width of the snack bags.
- Fold each card in half and use glue dots or a stapler to attach them to the tops of the bags. (We also used a paper punch to round the corners.)
Homemade Trail Mix Valentine Snack makes a great Saturday project. The kids literally did everything from mixing to glue-dotting. They are SO excited to share these original Valentines with their friends.
How To Make This Homemade Trail Mix Recipe
- Miniature Pretzels
- Strawberry Yogurt Cheerios (or your favorite cereal)
- Chocolate Teddy Grahams
- Dried Cherries or Cranberries
- Yogurt Covered Raisins
- Valentine M&Ms
How To Put Make This Trail Mix Recipe
- Dump the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together.
- Scoop half a cup of trail mix into your gift bags/snack size bags.
- Connect your Valentine card to the snack bag, using a stapler or glue dots, and deliver!
This homemade trail mix has all the right ingredients for pure Valentine’s joy. I left out the nuts in a traditional trail mix to keep it safe for all those with nut allergies, but the pretzels offer a salty bite to balance the sweetness. This is good stuff!
Get the Complete (Printable) Valentines Day Snack Trail Mix Recipe Below. Enjoy!
- Make it Sweeter: Add some sweetness like chocolate chips, chocolate covered peanuts, or add in chocolate covered pretzels instead of the normal ones!
- Make it More Savory: Add in chex, popcorn, or salty nuts like peanuts or cashews to make this trail mix a little more savory!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many servings did you get out of these amounts of ingredients?
I managed to get about 34 half-cup servings from this mix, which you could definitely alter to make the amount that you need.
Could I add some nuts to this recipe?
Yes, this recipe could benefit from the saltiness of the nuts. I did not add them to my Valentine’s day snack mix because I did not want my kids to give them to any of their friends with a tree nut or peanut allergy.
How long will this recipe last?
This trail mix recipe will stay fresh for as long as one month depending on the ingredients and the amount of time that they are sealed in their snack bags.
More Valentine Ideas:
- Nutella Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe From Scratch
- Strawberry Shortcake Smores Recipe
- French Silk Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart Recipe
- Italian Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- Valentines Day Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe
- Rose Cake ~ I Am Baker
- Peanut Butter Heart Cookies ~ Created By Diane
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshakes ~ The Novice Chef
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka ~ Live Love Pasta
Valentine’s Day Snack Trail Mix Recipe
- Dump all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Use a 1/2 cup scoop to pour into snack-size zip bags.