Gooey Caramel Brownies
Not all brownies were created equal.
There are plain jane brownies… And then there are dark chocolate, triple layered, crispy edged, visually stimulating, melt-in-your-mouth, stuffed caramel brownies.
I think you can guess which brownie I would choose.
Caramel Stuffed Brownies
These gooey caramel brownies have so much going for them. They are the “golden child” of the brownie family.
Devilishly appealing in appearance, without even trying, of course. Yet it’s not about how these brownies look. It’s what’s on the inside that matters.
Am I right?
Caramel Brownies Recipe with Chocolate Chips
Each square is layered with a thick ribbon of salted caramel to offset the intense chocolatey flavor.
Did I mention the chocolate chips?
The brownie layers are packed with chocolate morsels, so that each bite contains rich fudgy brownie, luxurious salted caramel, and pure molten chocolate.
I can now die happy.
Gooey Caramel Brownies are my first Halloween treat of the season.
Stacked high, they are dark and daunting. However one bite will tell you, this is no trick. These brownies are a treat beyond measure or comparison.
The caramel centers look nearly orange against the dark chocolate, giving these gooey caramel stuffed brownies a festive appearance.
Why not kick off the Halloween season by baking a batch to take to work this week? Your coworkers will think you’re an evil genius, and you will feel ghoulishly glad you gave them a try!
Chocolate Brownies Ingredients
- Granulated sugar – To sweeten the brownies and create a crispy top coating.
- All purpose flour – The base of the brownies. You can use gluten free baking flour in this recipe as well!
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – The darker the better.
- Salt – A little in the brownie mix and in the caramel filling as well.
- Unsalted butter – Melted butter gives brownies their distinct fudgy texture.
- Eggs – To bind the batter together.
- Vanilla extract – For deep rich flavor.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – To make these double chocolate brownies!
- Sweetened condensed milk – The base of the caramel sauce.
- Caramel squares – The provide caramel flavor and thickness.
How To Make Caramel Brownies
- Prep the pan. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 3 quart baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix the dry ingredients first. In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir well. Then whisk in melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
- Make the caramel sauce. In a sauce pot combine the sweetened condensed milk, unwrapped caramels, and some salt. Stir until the caramels have melted into the condensed milk.
- Layer the batter and caramel. Spread half the brownie batter in the prepared baking dish. Pour the caramel over the batter and level out evenly. Then spread the remaining brownie batter over the top of the caramel.
- Bake. Bake undisturbed, until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Get The Full (Printable) Stuffed Caramel Brownies Recipe Below!
More Of Our Best Brownies Recipes
- French Silk Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Bribe The Teacher Brownies
- Epic Homemade Brownies
- Eggnog Caramel Brownies
- Mexican Mocha Brownies
Gooey Caramel Brownies
For the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir well. Then whisk in melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a small sauce pot combine the sweetened condensed milk, unwrapped caramels, and salt. Set over medium heat. Stir until the caramels have melted into the condensed milk. Then remove from heat.
- Spread half the brownie batter in the prepared baking dish. Pour the caramel over the batter and level out evenly. Then spread the remaining brownie batter over the top of the caramel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before trying to cut. Once cool, lift the entire sheet of brownies out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper. Cut into 24-30 pieces.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!