French Silk Chocolate Brownies
French Silk Chocolate Brownies Recipe – This ultra luxurious “Death By Chocolate” style brownies are covered in a fluffy chocolate mousse topping!
You guys… These French Silk Chocolate Brownies.
This is one of those moments when there are simply no words to express just how mind-blowing they are.
I even had a hard time naming them this week.
“French Silk Brownies” just doesn’t seem to do them justice. Nor does “Chocolate Mousse Brownies” or “Death by Chocolate Brownies.”
However, that is exactly what we’re dealing with here. Fudgy chocolate brownies covered in a thick layer of light silken chocolate mousse.
Really, these brownies should be called My Secret Obsession Brownies. However, we’ll go back to the term “French Silk” as it (at least) indicates an alluring pillowy texture.
Take a look at the photos and just try to imagine how the thick dark brownie layer combined with the ethereal chocolate mousse layer will effect your tastebuds, emotions, and sense of being.
Right? Are you getting it?!
Today’s French Silk Chocolate Brownies recipe is a wonder to experience.
One single bite will cause your eyes to roll back in your head, your toes to curl, senseless stammering, and feelings of euphoria.
These brownies are better than… Well, a lot of things.
You can make French Silk Chocolate Brownies with a homemade brownie recipe as the base. Yet you can also make them with your favorite boxed brownie mix, and they will still causing fainting fits.
Don’t believe me? Give them a try!
How To Make French Silk Chocolate Brownies
- Dump brownie mix into a bowl. Mix and bake them according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Then drizzle in melted chocolate.
- With the mixer running, add in eggs and let them beat thoroughly to create the creamy chocolate mousse texture.
- Spread the french silk mousse over the top of the brownies and chill to set.
Check Out The Full French Silk Chocolate Brownies Recipe Below.
More Detectable Chocolate Treats
French Silk Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (Or whatever temperature is listed on the back of the brownie mix.) Combine the brownie mix, oil, water, and 2 eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk well. Then pour the batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or as listed on packaging. Cool the brownies completely before moving on. You can place the pan in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling if needed.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or in the microwave. Stir it until smooth. Then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place the butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beat on high until light and fluffy, at least 3-5 minutes. Then drizzle in the melted chocolate and beat until the mixture is even.
- Scrape the bowl with a spatula and turn on high again. Add the remaining 4 eggs, one at a time, allowing the mixture to beat a solid 3 minutes after adding each egg, 12 minutes total. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed.
- Spread the chocolate mousse over the top of the cooled brownies. Using a veggie peeler, shave chocolate curls over the top if desired.
- Chill for 2 hours, or until ready to cut and serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!