Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken Recipe
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken
You can never really have too many simple chicken recipes, can you? We eat chicken for dinner several nights a week, so I’m always looking for new ways to spice things up.
Recently I made a pan-seared skillet chicken recipe for the kids that they absolutely loved. We called it Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken because I used fresh ingredients we always have on hand: lime, garlic, onions, and cilantro.
However, the garlic and lime flavor were the stand-outs.
Ready to give it a try?
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this fabulous Lime Chicken Recipe!
- Chicken – four skinless boneless chicken breasts to be exact.
- Lime – the juice and zest are needed for this recipe.
- Jalapeño – this ingredient is optional!
- Onion – a basic but essential addition to the recipe.
- Garlic – one of the main flavor points.
- Smoked Paprika – this smokey flavor enhances all of the other flavors.
- Crushed Red Peppers – this gives the recipe some spice which you can adjust to your liking.
- Heavy Cream – this makes the sauce nice and silky smooth.
How to Make Skillet Chicken
Heat a large skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts. Quickly sear the chicken in the skillet to give it a golden-brown crust. Then remove from the skillet.
Then add the onions, garlic, and grated jalapeno to the skillet. Saute to soften. Then add the chicken broth, lime juice, lime zest, chopped cilantro, paprika, and crushed red pepper. Let the chicken simmer in the sauce for several minutes to finish cooking.
The flavors meld together to create a rich tangy flavor with a punch of heat, that you can adjust to taste.
Finally, add a splash of cream to the sauce for a silky finish. Serve the chicken with rice or grilled veggies with a spoonful or two of the garlic lime pan sauce over the top!
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken is zesty and comforting, yet light enough to enjoy as often as you like.
It’s also an appealing leftover. Try slicing the Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken to top a salad or add to a wrap. Even served cold, this spicy tangy chicken recipe is a winner!
Or try whipping up a quick side dish to go along with this chicken recipe:
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make This Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken Recipe. Enjoy!
more chicken recipes!
- Muffuletta Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Pimento Cheese Pizza Bagels
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken Potato Foil Packets
- Mini Baked Chimichangas
- Vietnamese Banh Mi Street Tacos
- Honey Butter Chicken from Real Housemoms
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts average-sized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper grated (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for approximately 5 minutes per side. Then remove from the skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic, and grated jalapeno to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, chopped cilantro, paprika, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir the mixture, then add the chicken breasts back to the skillet. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for 7-8 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice in this process. Then stir in the cream and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer another 1-2 minutes, then serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!