This zesty Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken recipe is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week. Plus, you can spice it up as much as you like!
You can never really have too many simple chicken recipes, can you? We eat chicken for dinner several nights a week, so I’m always looking for new ways to spice things up.
Recently I made a pan-seared skillet chicken recipe for the kids that they absolutely loved. We called it Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken because I used fresh ingredients we always have on hand: lime, garlic, onions, and cilantro.
However the garlic and lime flavor were the stand-outs.
Ready to give it a try?
Quickly sear the chicken in the skillet to give it a golden-brown crust. Then sauté garlic, onions, and a little jalapeno to create the base of this simple sauce.
Add chicken broth, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and paprika to the skillet and let the chicken simmer in the sauce for several minutes to finish cooking.
The flavors meld together to create a rich tangy flavor with a punch of heat, that you can adjust to taste.
Finally add a splash of cream to the sauce for a silky finish. Serve the chicken with rice or grilled veggies with a spoonful or two of the garlic lime pan sauce over the top!
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken is zesty and comforting, yet light enough to enjoy as often as you like.
It’s also an appealing leftover. Try slicing the Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken to top a salad or add to a wrap.
Even served cold, this spicy tangy chicken recipe is a winner!
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Zingy Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken – An easy chicken dinner recipe for any night of the week. Fresh simple ingredients and a creamy dreamy sauce!
- 4 average sized boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, grated (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for approximately 5 minutes per side. Then remove from the skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic, and grated jalapeno to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, chopped cilantro, paprika, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir the mixture, then add the chicken breasts back to the skillet. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for 7-8 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice in this process. Then stir in the cream and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer another 1-2 minutes, then serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 247 Calories
- Total Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Protein: 32.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!