Smores In The Oven
Smores in the Oven – Make a large batch of s’mores in minutes, without a campfire! This indoor smores recipe is a fun simple treat for parties and events.
Destination Perfect S’mores
For some reason, we only make s’mores when we go to the lake or beach. Why is that?
It is not from a lack of fire pits at home or a shortage of marshmallow roasting sticks. There is not an issue with hunting down the sophisticated ingredients used for making s’mores.
Why do we save this simple, yet utterly divine, treat for camping and beach trips?
I have no idea. And better yet, I think we need to stop the madness. This magical dessert shouldn’t just be served as “destination smores”.
Super Simple S’mores
Yes, it’s fun to roast marshmallows over an open campfire and press them between graham crackers out of doors.
Yet if you are really craving s’mores you can make them right in your oven… In 2 minutes. With less mess.
Today’s “Smores in the Oven” recipe is a perfect large-batch treat for parties and movie nights.
You can make this recipe any time of the year, without frost-bitten toes or mosquito bites. No sticks required!
To make Easy Sheet Pan Smores in the Oven simply lay graham crackers out on a baking sheet. Place a chocolate square and marshmallow on top of each graham. Then broil to toast the marshmallows.
It’s that simple.
Oven S’mores Ingredients
Easy Sheet Pan S’mores taste amazing straight out of the oven but are also divine hours later. So you can make them ahead of an event if you like.
- Graham Crackers
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
At the bottom of this post, we are sharing a revved-up version of this recipe if you wanted to “spice” things up a little bit!
How to Make A Smores Sandwich in the Oven
- Turn the oven on broil and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break all the graham crackers and chocolate into squares, to prepare for building the smores.
- Place 20 graham cracker halves on the sheet pan (or as many as you want to make.)
- Place the chocolate on top of the graham crackers and then top each piece of chocolate with a marshmallow.
- Place the sheet pan on the center rack of the oven and broil the smores for about 1 to 2 minutes. (Make sure to keep your eyes on this while they are in the oven. The marshmallows can burn very easily!)
- Once the marshmallows are at the toastiness level that you like, remove them from the oven and press another graham cracker square on top of each marshmallow to squeeze them all together.
- Enjoy your smores from the oven!
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Classic Smores in the Oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use milk chocolate?
No, you can use any variety of chocolate in your smores. Readers often mention they like to use Reese’s Cup and Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares in their smores. Either of these could change up the flavor profile of basic s’mores.
What other toppings can I use?
Some people like to add in:
- Peanut butter
- Peanut butter cups
- Raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- Coconut shavings
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Peppermint patties
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Try doctoring up your Easy Sheet Pan S’mores with buttery Ritz crackers, dark chocolate, and salted caramel sauce.
This recipe gives you a more salty and buttery flavor profile, and you could even use a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Caramel Chocolate square for another fancy upgrade to the basic recipe.
The Possibilities are Endless!
There are so many different ways that you can create your own indoor smores using different ingredients and variations.
Just one unique ingredient can change the whole open flame childhood flavor and become your new favorite s’mores recipe.
Other Dessert Recipes
- Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Brownies Cookies with Toffee Bits
- Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Fluffy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Best Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Fudge FIlled Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Indoor S’mores Recipe – Food Network
See the printable recipe card for the list of nutrient information including calories, carbohydrates, fat, cholesterol, sodium, and sugar percentages.
Smores in the Oven (Easy Sheet Pan Recipe)
- Turn the oven on broil. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place 20 graham cracker squares on the baking sheet. Then place a chocolate square on each graham cracker. Add one marshmallow to each stack.
- Place the sheet pan on the center rack of the oven. Broil the marshmallows for 1-2 minutes. Do not take your eyes off the marshmallows…they can burn fast!
- Once the marshmallows are toasted to your liking, remove the pan and press another graham cracker square down on each stack. Enjoy!