Irresistible Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna, with crunchy, meaty, and cheesy layers of comforting goodness… Or badness.
Guess what! Cinco de Mayo is next week, so I plan to share all sorts of Mexican inspired dishes over the next 10 days, to help you get in the mood to fiesta.
We often like to make authentic dishes to celebrate various cultural holidays. However, today I’m sharing a not-so-authentic recipe, Taco Lasagna.
Not authentic, but oh so delicioso!
What is Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna?
Is it Mexican? Is it Italian? Well, I’d have to go with neither.
This layered casserole bake is an Americanized jumble of Tex-Mex flavor… And of course, Doritos.
It’s a guilty-pleasure food of monumental proportion; the edible equivalent of secretly watching latin soap operas for hours. Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna is a mishmash of naughtiness that will make you swoon at first-taste. Ay caramba!
So if that doesn’t make you feel like celebrating, I don’t know what will.
Our Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna recipe is ultra easy to make and requires only 7 ingredients: Ground beef, taco seasoning, a jar of salsa, a block of cream cheese, shredded Mexican blend cheese, chopped scallions, and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.
Ready to get started?
How to Make Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna
Brown the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning.
Spread a layer of Doritos in the bottom of a baking dish. Press them down with your hands to make an even layer.
Then spread one-third of the taco meat over the crushed Doritos. Top the meat with cubes of cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salsa.
Repeat two more times to create three equal layers of Doritos, meat, cheeses, and salsa.
Cover the top with a little more cheese, and bake!
Looks tantalizing, right?
Just wait until it comes out of the oven… Hot, oozing, and crispy around the edges.
Our Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna recipe is a Mexican layered taco bake that is sure to thrill everyone at the dinner table.
Serve it with fresh agua fresca or cold cervesa, and you’ve got a causal celebration meal that no one will be able to resist!
Cool Ranch Taco Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 16 ounces salsa, medium heat (1 jar)
- 9.75 ounces Cool Ranch Doritos (1 bag)
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon a couple tablespoons of salsa in the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish and spread over the bottom. Cut the block of cream cheese into thirds, then cut each third into small cubes.
- Place the ground beef in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Break the ground beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Brown the beef for 5 minutes, then add in the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Stir well, and simmer for another 2 minutes to thicken the sauce. Turn off the heat.
- Spread several handfuls of Doritos over the bottom of the baking dish. Press them down, breaking the chips, to create an even layer. Spread one-third of the taco meat over the broken chips. Then top with one-third of the cream cheese cubes, 1 cup shredded cheese, and one-third of the remaining salsa.
- Repeat with a second and third layer of pressed Doritos, taco meat, cream cheese cubes, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and salsa. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top to cover the other ingredients.
- Bake for 25+ minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chips around the edges are very crisp. Sprinkle the top with chopped scallions. Cut the taco lasagna into 9 squares and serve warm!