Cranberry Brie Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Baked Brie Bites
Once upon a time, the only appetizer I ever made was baked brie.
You know… the old classic wheel of brie cheese wrapped in puff pastry and topped with jam or berries?
I had a special relationship with this molten bundle and it played the part of my escort to many a holiday gathering.
Cranberry Brie Bites
Yet as time progressed, I felt the need to branch out in my party food endeavors. For a few years I made appetizer after appetizer, each one more delectable than the one before.
Out of sight out of mind for baked brie in puff pastry?
Never. With baked brie, absence only makes the heart grow fonder.
So I’ve brought it back with a vengeance, creating all sorts of baked brie recipes including this itty bitty spin on the classic.
In today’s recipe, I used Athens Mini Fillo Shells to make easy-to-hold baked brie bites, which just might be the world’s easiest party snack.
I love using Athens Mini Fillo Shells this time of year because they are the perfect crispy palette for all your favorite holiday flavors.
Mini Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
With only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes in the oven, I may never go back to baking the whole wheel of brie!
Crisp pastry, oozing cheese, tangy cranberry preserves, and salty pistachios.
I think I’ve struck baked brie gold!
This would be the perfect starter for your Thanksgiving feast this year.
Use a little of your cranberry sauce to top each baked brie bite. They are so easy to make your kids could do it for you while you’re whipping up the sweet potatoes and gravy.
Perfect Holiday Appetizer Recipe Ingredients
Crunchy savory-sweet gooey Baked Brie Bites require only 4 ingredients to make…
- Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- Brie cheese
- Cranberry sauce – Homemade or store-bought
How To Make Baked Brie Bites with Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Athens Mini Fillo Shells on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cut the brie with a knife into small 1/2 teaspoon-sized chunks and place one in each mini fillo shell. Bake cut brie in phyllo cups for 5 minutes, until the brie is melted.
- Remove from the oven and dollop a scant spoonful of cranberry sauce on each little brie tart. Sprinkle with a pinch of small pieces of pistachios.
See the Recipe Card Below for How To Make Cranberry Brie Bites.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this a gluten-free dish?
I haven’t seen gluten-free fillo shells, but I have seen gluten-free pie crust. You could cut it out in little circles and bake them in mini muffin tins. You can also make gluten free pie crust from scratch. Use a regular pie crust recipe and substitute GF 1-to-1 baking mix.
Is there a way to reheat them?
These little bites are super fast to make, therefore I find it easier to make them fresh each time. However, store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When ready to use, pop them in a 350 degrees oven for 3-5 minutes. I do not suggest storing leftovers in a freezer-safe container for freezing.
Mini Baked Brie Recipe Swaps
Don’t Like Brie? You can use little dollops of chevre goat cheese instead!
Can’t Find Cranberry Sauce? Try cherry preserves, orange marmalade, raspberry jam, apricot jam, or pepper jelly.
Want To Use Another Nut? Blanche almonds or toasted walnuts/pecans are a great choice.
Do The Puff Pastry Shells Need to Be Frozen?
You can purchase the freezer fresh pastry from the freezer section of your local grocery store, or you can make your own with puff pastry sheets and cut the dough on the seams and then into pastry squares and press them into a mini muffin pan.
More Baked Brie Recipes
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry (with a Crispy Bacon Bow!)
- Whole Baked Brie with Bourbon Cashew Topping
- Brie and Pear Tart
- Mini Strawberry Brie Tartlets
- Baked Brie Toasts with Pine Nuts
Other party snack recipes you might enjoy:
- Sausage Roll Crazy Bread
- Pub Cheese Recipe
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- Mini Cheese Ball Recipe
- Wasabi Deviled Eggs
- Sweet Potato Falafel
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- Pear and Blue Cheese Strudel
Check the printable recipe card below for this appetizers nutrition information including calories, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and calcium percentages.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods. All opinions are always my own.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 box Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, homemade or store bought
- 3 tablespoons pistachios chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Athens Mini Fillo Shells on a baking sheet.
- Cut the brie into small 1/2 teaspoon-sized chunks and place one in each mini fillo shell. Bake for 5 minutes, until the brie is melted.
- Remove from the oven and dollop a scant spoonful of cranberry sauce on each little brie tart. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!