Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms
Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms
Let’s talk about Mushroom Stir Fry…
We have those days we enjoy spending extra time in the kitchen, making slow-cooked dinners with multiple components.
Then we all have those days we’d rather order pizza… Yet we sigh and step into the kitchen anyway to make a quick healthy meal.
Today’s Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms are for those days you just don’t feel like cooking.
They take so little time and effort to make but offer such huge flavor, you’ll find you make this recipe again and again.
Asian Mushrooms Ingredients
To make this tasty Asian stir fry gather up these ingredients!
- Button Mushrooms – The main star of the recipe! I used button mushrooms for their simple earthy taste.
- Sesame Oil – A staple Asian ingredient to offer nutty flavor. You can find this at almost all grocery stores.
- Black Bean Garlic Sauce – Salty, spicy and slightly sweet, this ingredient can be found on Amazon or at an Asian store.
- Honey – For its sweetness of course.
- Chili Garlic Sauce – Hot, tangy and garlicky! The perfect compliment to the sweetness.
- Sherry – You can play around with the amount here if you think the sherry will overwhelm everything else. Use either dry sherry or cooking sherry.
- Chopped Scallions – This is for garnish and taste.
How To Stir Fry Mushrooms
This mushroom recipe is super easy to make. Just follow these steps and you’ll have a tasty side dish or meal in no time.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms and sauté until caramelization marks form, about 3-5 minutes. Stir regularly.
Stir in the black bean sauce, honey, chili sauce, and sherry. Simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Then sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
Serve Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms as a side dish or topper for quick grilled steaks or chicken. Or serve them over rice for an easy vegetarian meal.
You can throw them in a buddha bowl with wilted greens and a fried egg, and even use them on hot sandwiches!
Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms are my new go-to mushroom recipe for fast dinners. The bold tantalizing flavor of earthy mushrooms, Asian black bean sauce, and chili paste hits the spot every time!
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Mushroom Stir Fry. Enjoy!
More Mushroom Recipes to Try!
- Green Bean Mushroom Tart
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
- Steak and Mushroom Pizza with Spicy Mustard
- Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
- Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms from Lauren’s Latest
Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms Recipe
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms and sauté until caramelization marks form, about 3-5 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Stir in the black bean sauce, honey, chili sauce, and sherry. Simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Then sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!