Oven Roasted Vegetables with nutmeg and sage make a marvelous addition to any meal, and the possibilities are endless!
We eat Oven Roasted Vegetables from the moment I feel the first nip in the air, until spring.
Literally, all through the cool months I serve oven roasted vegetables at least once a week. It’s so satisfying to chop seasonal veggies into chunks and throw them in the oven, knowing a bright, flavorful, and healthful dish will follow.
In the past I have always done this with just a drizzle of olive oil and a hefty sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Yet a few days ago I found a recipe for oven roasted vegetables on McCormick.com and thought I’d share it with you for this week’s “Seasonal Seven.”
As mentioned last week, through the holidays I will share different recipes that feature the seven flavors that McCormick Spices feels capture the essence of the holiday season: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sage, vanilla, peppermint and poultry seasoning.
This Oven Roasted Vegetables recipe includes two of these wonderful seasonings, nutmeg and sage.
Nutmeg and sage are two of my favorite fall flavors. They truly enhance the natural taste of the vegetables and give them a rustic fall quality.
The official McCormick recipe calls for 8 cups of any combination of assorted vegetables. I chose to use brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and red onion because I love the color and textural diversity.
Have fun throwing in any veggie you love best, but don’t forget the nutmeg and sage.
BIG flavor boost!
You are going to love these. And why not try a few of our other veggie dishes!
Oven Roasted Vegetables
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix seasoned salt, pepper, nutmeg and sage in small bowl. Toss vegetables with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over vegetables; toss to coat well.
- Spread vegetables in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!