Honey Butter Roasted Carrots
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Honey Butter Roasted Carrots – An enticing side dish for fall and for the holidays! This simple side dish is packed with huge garlic butter and honey flavor.
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun
Can you believe Thanksgiving is coming so fast?!
I’m not exactly sure how this happened… It seems like just yesterday we were starting summer and spending the days quarantined in our homes and yards.
Life rushes by so fast sometimes, it’s easy to miss the good parts.
I think that’s what Thanksgiving is all about, especially in our day and age. Taking time to stop the madness for a day (and hopefully for a long weekend) to focus on gratefulness.
Simple Yet Indulgent
We live in a hectic, yet indulgent, society where people are used to getting exactly what they want, the moment they want it.
And if they don’t? Temper tantrum.
Yet being grateful, even for the little blessings in life, changes our whole entire outlook on our circumstances, family, country, and world.
We try to simplify our lives as much as possible. Not allowing ourselves to be sucked into unnecessary business, makes it easier to stop and see the beauty in each day.
This is true even in cooking… Not all dishes have to be complicated to be spectacular.
Honey Butter Carrots
Today’s Honey Butter Whole Roasted Carrots recipe is a perfect example of simple perfection.
It’s a 5-ingredient recipe that you can prep and pop in the oven in less than 5 minutes.
The Honey Butter Roasted Carrots are roasted for a few minutes with only butter, salt, and pepper. Then tossed with honey, garlic, and orange zest, and placed back in the oven, to intensify the flavor.
Soft Roasted Carrots
What you end up with is soft succulent earthy carrots with a dazzling savory-sweet appeal. Honey Butter Carrots take less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish and pair well with nearly every main dish.
Now that’s something to be thankful for!
How To Make Honey Roasted Carrots
Roasted Carrots Ingredients
- Whole Carrots
- Garlic Cloves
- Orange Zest
- Salt and Pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Start off by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F. Then prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Scrub the carrots thoroughly and then dry them. (The carrots do not need to be peeled unless the skins of the carrots are unusually rough).
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle the butter over the top of them. Then sprinkle the carrots with salt and pepper before tossing to make sure the whole carrot is covered in the butter and seasonings. Make sure to spread them back out in a single line when done.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for about 15 minutes. While they are cooking, mince the garlic and zest the orange.
- Take the carrots out of the oven and drizzle the tops of the carrots with honey. Then sprinkle the carrots with the minced garlic and the orange zest. Shake the pan to coat all carrots in the honey butter.
- Put the carrots back in the oven and roast for another five to ten minutes or until the largest carrot is tender when pricked with a fork.
- Serve these warm and enjoy!
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Honey Butter Roasted Carrots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I peel the carrots?
Ultimately you can peel the carrots to make sure that they are clean enough to eat, if you don’t want to wash and scrub them well. This is not necessary though as the skins of carrots are edible. However, some people would say carrot skin has a bitter taste, especially with larger carrots.
Are roasted carrots healthy for you?
Carrots are naturally full of vitamins and minerals. However, the longer they are cooked, the more the nutrients are diminished.
On the other hand, when you cook a carrot, it breaks down the cell walls of the vegetable and it ends up making it easier to digest.
How long do these roasted carrots last?
If you keep them in an airtight container in your fridge, they can last for about 3 to 5 days.
Other Fall Recipes
- Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- Healthy Baked Carrot Chips Recipe
- Honey Cinnamon Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup Recipe
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
- Spiced Apple Ice Cream Recipe
Honey Butter Roasted Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Scrub the carrots thoroughly, then dry. You do not need to peel the carrots, unless the skins are exceptionally rough.
- Lay the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle butter over the top. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and spread the carrots out again.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, zest one orange and mince the garlic.
- Drizzle honey over the top of the carrots, and sprinkle with minced garlic and orange zest. Shake the pan to coat each carrot in honey butter. Then roast again for 5-10 minutes, until the largest carrot is fork-tender. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
These were fantastic! I have to make them again for Thanksgiving!
These are so delicious! Saving already because I know I will be loving these all winter
Lots of wise words in this post! I am definitely grateful for this delicious side dish that I know my whole family will enjoy!
Such a pretty dish…looks delicious!
Pingback: 20 Five-Ingredient Recipes - The Lemon Bowl®
So good! Love these for a side dish, actually gets my family to eat their veggies!
These carrots are the greatest ever
Yum! Can’t wait to make these!
The perfect easy carrots – our whole family loves them!
what a fun and delicious way to make carrots. im sure my kids will love these.
Pingback: Cabbage and Bacon with Onion - Savory Side Dish - Platter Talk
I would eat carrots every single day if these were on my plate! ;)
So nice and simple and good!
My favorite way to eat carrots. These are gorgeous!