Roasted Vegetable Medley
Roasted Vegetable Medley – These Oven Roasted Vegetables are made with nutmeg and sage for a marvelous addition to any meal. The possibilities are endless!
Oven Roasted Vegetables for Fall
We eat some version of Roasted Vegetable Medley from the moment I feel the first nip in the air, until spring.
Literally, all through the cool months, I serve oven roasted vegetables at least once a week. It’s so satisfying to chop seasonal veggies into chunks and throw them in the oven, knowing a bright, flavorful, and healthy dish will follow.
In the past, I have always done this with just a drizzle of olive oil and a hefty sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Yet a few days ago I found a recipe for oven roasted vegetables on McCormick.com and thought I’d share it with you for this as we partner with McCormick spices this season.
McCormick + Vegetables
This fall I plan to share different recipes that feature flavors that McCormick Spices feels capture the essence of the holiday season: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sage, vanilla, peppermint, and poultry seasoning.
Do you agree with this fall flavor line up?
This Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe includes two of these wonderful seasonings, nutmeg, and sage.
Nutmeg and sage are two of my favorite fall flavors. They truly enhance the natural taste of the vegetables and give them a rustic fall quality.
The official McCormick recipe calls for 8 cups of any combination of assorted vegetables. I chose to use brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and red onion because I love the color and textural diversity.
Have fun throwing in any veggie you love best, but don’t forget the nutmeg and sage.
They offer a huge flavor boost!
How To Make This Vegetable Medley
- Seasoned Salt
- McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- McCormick® Sage
- Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
This is probably one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. You are going to love these perfect roasted vegetables!
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix together the seasoned salt, pepper, nutmeg, and sage in a small bowl.
- Chop up the vegetables and place in a large bowl. Toss them with olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over top of the vegetables and mix well.
- Spread out the vegetables on a foil-covered sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until they come out golden brown. Serve warm.
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Roasted Vegetable Medley.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How would you suggest using the leftovers?
Honestly, I would just rewarm them in the oven (or microwave) and eat them as-is the next day. However, you could simmer the veggies into soup, or wrap in pastry for veggie pies.
How long does this recipe last?
You can keep these vegetables in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 3 to 5 days.
I have problems with smoke when roasting at high temps… What do you recommend I do to fix this?
Generally, smoke issues come from overcooking or using a fat source that does not do well with high heat. Olive oil is a good option because it can be roasted at higher temperatures without smoking.
What other vegetables can I use?
Try this recipe with sweet potatoes, carrots, mini potatoes, parsnips, turnips, or acorn squash.
And why not try a few of our other veggie dishes!
- Bacon Wrapped Veggie Bundles Recipe
- Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
- Roasted Vegetables with Miso Glaze Recipe
- Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Easy 2 Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes with Pesto Recipe
- Oven Roasted Vegetables with Maple Glaze Recipe
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Flatbread Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable Polenta Stacks Recipe
- Rainbow Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetable Marinade Recipe
Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sage Rubbed
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix seasoned salt, pepper, nutmeg and sage in small bowl. Toss vegetables with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over vegetables; toss to coat well.
- Spread vegetables in single layer on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!