Always on the lookout for the world’s best cinnamon roll? I think I’ve got a contender today with my Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
Several weeks ago I took my children out on a lunch date. After lunch the kids noticed a Cinnabon shop and proceeded to coax me over the the counter.
I hadn’t had a Cinnabon roll in a long long time, so gave in rather quickly.
With nostalgic anticipation, a unraveled my first cinnamon roll layer and proceeded to taste what I remembered to be life-changing. Yet what was my reaction?
Not as good as I remembered.
It was too… something. And not enough, something else.
In fact, my gut reaction was a
prideful confident statement, “We can do better at home.”
In all honesty, you really can do better at home if you know what makes a killer cinnamon roll. So today I want to share my secrets for making “Better Than Cinnabon” Cinnamon Rolls Recipe…
1) For tender fluffy rolls with elevated flavor, be sure to make the dough with butter, not margarine or shortening. Add plenty of salt to the dough to balance all the layers of sweetness to come. Then give the dough a long knead in your electric mixer with a bread hook.
2) Let the dough rise twice. Once in a large ball, and again in the roll shape. Don’t be in a hurry! Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe takes patience.
3) Instead of spreading the dough with butter and sprinkling the cinnamon sugar over the top, mix the butter, sugar, and cinnamon into a paste. Then gently spread the paste over the dough sheet. This helps prevent leakage, and also makes it easier to roll the dough tight.
4) I add a secret ingredient to my cinnamon filling… Nutmeg! Just a touch of nutmeg, boosts the cinnamon flavor without overpowering it. Most people won’t notice the nutmeg flavor, but they will notice the intensified cinnamon appeal.
5) When spreading the filling over the dough, always leave one long edge bare, without cinnamon filling. Then roll the dough toward that edge, so it’s on the outside of the cinnamon rolls. Once cut, tuck the loose edge under the roll to help prevent leakage and keep the rolls looking tidy.
6) Glaze twice! While the Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is in the oven, prepare the thick creamy glaze. Once the cinnamon rolls are out of the oven, immediately glaze the hot rolls with one-third to half of the glaze. Give it time to ooze down between the layers. Then if you like your cinnamon rolls well-coated, glaze again a few minutes later so the second coat rests on top.
Follow these tips and you too can make a Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe that your friends and family will go nuts over.
Consider making this Better Than Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe for your sweetie this Valentines Day!
You can make the dough the day before. Roll them, cut them, and place the baking dish in the fridge until morning. Then set them out while the oven warms. Bake and glaze!
PAGE: 1 2