Fun French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs, a great way to get your family to eat breakfast!
Last summer I spent a few days in New York City on a work trip. A friend met me a couple days prior to my event so we could roam the city searching for NYC’s best bites.
We tasted nearly every outlandish dessert and new trendy food we could get our hands on. One of my favorite meals was at Smorgasburg, a weekend popup food festival in Brooklyn. (Smorgasburg is known as the birthplace of many food trends that sweep the nation.)
We stopped at a vender selling breakfast on a stick, including nacho bacon egg kebabs and french toast and sausage kebabs made in a special bubble-style waffle iron.
The French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs were dripping with pure maple syrup, making an irresistible savory sweet hand-held breakfast.
I decided there and then, I need to make my own version of French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs, without the fancy waffle iron.
Today’s recipe is an oven baked version of the breakfast kebabs I ate in Brooklyn. They are easy to assemble, fun to eat, and offer all the comforts of a hearty weekend breakfast… On a stick!
To Make French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs
Roll ground pork sausage into little balls. Whisk milk, eggs, and spice together for the french toast.
Cut thick slices of texas toast into cubes. Dunk the bread into the egg mixture.
Then slide the french toast and sausage onto wooden skewers.
Bake in the oven until the sausage is mostly cooked. Then flip them over and drizzle with maple syrup and pop back in the oven for a few minutes.
The maple syrup coats and caramelizes on the golden french toast cubes and sausage for a glossy sweet finish!
Our French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs Recipe is just as tantalizing as the original. They are a happy surprise on the breakfast table for both kids and adults!
French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs
Yield: 12 kebabs
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:23 minutes
Fun French Toast Sausage Breakfast Kebabs you can make in the oven! Eat your french toast and sausage together on a stick, maple syrup included.
- 5 slices thick “texas toast” bread
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 12 wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each slice of bread into 9 squares. Place the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Roll the pork sausage into 24 small tight balls. Dip a bread cube in egg mixture then slide onto a skewer. Alternate bread, sausage, bread, sausage, bread. Do not let the bread soak in the mixture or it will be too wet to stay on the stick. Lay each complete kebab on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the skewers for 15 minutes. Flip them over. Then drizzle maple syrup over the kebabs and place back in the oven for another 6-8 minutes. Serve warm!
Yield: 12 kebabs, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 297 Calories
- Total Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
- Sodium: 264mg
- Carbohydrates: 18.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 35.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!