Easy 7-Ingredient Pomegranate Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe just in time for your holiday gatherings. A party isn’t a party without a cheese ball!
We cook for hours to prepare the perfect dinner, only to remember 15 minutes before the guests arrive, that we don’t have anything to serve with pre-dinner cocktails.
It happens to the best of us.
But not this year. This year you’re going to be ready…
When your holiday guests walk into your kitchen (which is where everyone always ends up in my house) they are going to be greeted by a gorgeous jewel of a party snack, my Pomegranate Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe.
This show-stopping appetizer is so easy to make, your kids or spouse could do it for you while you’re wrapping up dinner preparations.
You simply place the cheese ball ingredients in a food processor, pulse a few times, roll the mixture into a ball, and cover with pomegranate arils.
The rich creamy interior is speckled with tangy cranberries and chive with a coating of perky pomegranate all around the edges for contrast.
You can serve this Pomegranate Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe with crackers, chips, or cut veggies and allow your party guests to help themselves.
Believe me, they will.
The shimmering pomegranate crust is a tractor-beam of delicious appeal, drawing your guests back again and again.
You can make this easy 7-Ingredient Pomegranate Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe several days ahead and refrigerate so it’s ready the day of your event.
Just remember to sit it out at room temperature an hour ahead to warm and soften.
Of all our go-to holiday party snacks, this is a stand-out. Give it a try this year!
Pomegranate Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces white cheddar, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped chive
- 1 large pomegranate (or 2 small)
- Place the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne in the food processor. Pulse to combine. Then add in the cranberries and chive and pulse again until evenly mixed.
- Scoop the cheese mixture out of the food processor and form into a ball by hand. Place on a serving platter.
- Remove the arils from the pomegranate and press the pointed ends into the cheese ball, covering completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Set out an hour before serving to soften. Place a few extra pieces of chive in the top if you want it to look like it has a stem. Serve the cheese ball with chips, crackers, or cut veggies.
Yield: 15-20, Serving Size: 20
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 94 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!