Mexican Mocha Recipe – Rich chocolatey mocha with a kick of cinnamon and spicy heat. This latin-inspired mocha recipe will keep you warm, down to your toes, all through the chilly months.
Ever had a Mexican Mocha Recipe?
It’s a cafe mocha drink with the addition of rustic spices and spicy heat!
When I step into a coffee shop, it’s the first thing I look for on the menu. This rich blend of coffee and cream with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper makes this warming beverage even more stimulating.
The spices add an extra layer of warming-power that makes my throat tingle and my heart happy.
My recipe today is written for one beverage. Yet, this is a great mix to make in larger batches for edible gifts this season.
Just imagine packaging up a jar of Mexican Mocha Recipe Mix with some aromatic roasted coffee beans, and a cute little instruction tag.
Who wouldn’t want that?!
Or what about tailgating? Hanging in the parking lot with friends on a chilly autumn day would be much more toasty with a Mexican Mocha in your hands.
Personally, I like to make a large batch of Mexican Mocha Mix to keep in the pantry for rainy days.
Mexican Mocha Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the coffee in a large mug, stir in the cocoa mix, until smooth. Then add cream to taste.
- I usually like to make a larger batch of the Mexican Mocha Mix so I can make them quickly when needed. See batch instructions below.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. cinammon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Use 3 tablespoons per cup.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!