Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Cups
Yield: 24 cups
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
5-Ingredient Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Cups Recipe – A fun party snack to help curb cravings and keep you on your diet! Paleo-friendly and gluten free!
- 24 “sandwich style” pepperoni slices (2+ inches wide)
- 24 small basil leaves
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 24 mini mozzarella balls
- sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using kitchen sheers, snip 4 – 1/2 inch cuts around the edges of each pepperoni slice, leaving the center uncut. Each pepperoni should look like a circular cross. (See post image for clarification.)
- Press each pepperoni down into a mini muffin pan. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the edges are crispy, but the pepperoni is still red. Let the pepperoni cool in the pans for 5 minutes to crisp, so they hold their shape. Then move the cups to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Wipe the grease out of the muffin pan with a paper towel, then return the cups to the pan. Place a small basil leaf in the bottom of each cup, followed by a 1/2 teaspoon of pizza sauce, a mini mozzarella ball, and an olive slice.
- Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt. Allow the cups to cool again for 3-5 minutes before serving.
PALEO ADAPTATION: Make a paleo friendly version using almond or cashew cheese instead of the mozzarella balls.
Yield: 24 cups, Serving Size: 1 mini cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 48 Calories
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 99mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2