Spiced Apple Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
A Love for Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
When you walk down the ice cream aisle at your grocery store, there are cases and cases of ice cream tubs, but not that many flavor options. Once you get past the standard chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, butter pecan, cookies and cream, and candy bar swirl varieties, what do you really have?
Learning how to make homemade ice cream is much easier than you might think. There’s quite a bit of waiting around involved, but other than that, it’s simply whisk-simmer-churn.
Easy Apple Dessert
This Spiced Apple Ice Cream is something I came up with to serve with my most recent cookie recipe, Cinnamon-Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies. I thought, what better to go along with cinnamon and oats than intense spiced apple flavor!
I adjusted my favorite vanilla ice cream recipe to include Musselman’s Apple Butter. The richness and spice from Musselman’s Apple Butter was just the punch needed to turn this Spiced Apple Ice Cream into something spectacular.
It’s creamy, loaded with spice, and that distinct apple butter flavor that reminds us of childhood. I am in love with this Spiced Apple Ice Cream, and hope you will be too!
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Half & Half
- Egg Yolks
- Musselman’s Apple Butter
- Vanilla Extract
What else you need to know
- Set a medium saucepot on the stovetop. Pour in the half and half, egg yolks, apple butter, vanilla, and salt. Make sure that it is all combined by whisking it together.
- As the ingredients start to warm up, keep whisking until it thickens. Then bring the temperature down.
- Cover the pot with the lid and put it in the fridge overnight, or for at least 4 hours. (If you are in a hurry, place in the freezer for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes.
- Then pour it into the ice cream machine making sure that there are no clumps.
- Churn for about 20 minutes or until the cream is thick. Then scoop it into a container to put in the freezer to harden.
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Spiced Apple Ice Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add apple slices to this?
Yes of course! After you church the ice cream, you can add in your apple slices. You could even make spiced apples and mix that into the churned ice cream.
Should I invest in an ice cream maker?
KitchenAid makes an awesome ice cream maker attachment that fits with a stand mixer. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker and it’s been a great little machine.
Other Desserts To Try:
- Spiced Apples Recipe
- Apple Spice Coffee Cake Recipe
- Apple Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting Recipe
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Cheesecake Brownie Ice Cream ~ Journey Kitchen
Spiced Apple Ice Cream
- Place a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the half & half, egg yolks, Musselman's Apple Butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk well.
- Continue to whisk as the mixture warms and thickens. Bring to a low boil and remove from heat.
- Place the lid on the pot and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. *If you're in a hurry, place in the freezer for 1 hour, but stir every twenty minutes. Don't forget about it!
- Turn on the ice cream machine. Place a sieve over the top to remove any egg clumps, and pour the ice cream mixture into the frozen ice cream bowl.
- Churn for 20+ minutes until thick like soft serve ice cream. Then scoop the Spice Apple Ice Cream into an airtight container and freeze to harden.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!