Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip, a low carb, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan Mexican dip with zesty appeal! Who knew healthy could taste this good!?
There are very few things in life that get me as excited as chips and dips.
In fact, I try not to keep chips in the house unless friends are coming over, because inevitably I will find something to dip them in and eat the whole bag all by myself.
It’s a personal problem.
Yet when we do have a house party on the calendar, chips and dips are the first items on my menu.
They are a great quick-prep appetizers, filler foods for cocktail parties, and are easy to adjust for various dietary needs.
Today’s Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip recipe is a vibrant dip for spring and summer made with fresh roasted poblano peppers, ripe avocados, shelled pistachios, and herbs.
It’s sort of like guacamole, yet smoother and creamier with a deep smoky essence from the poblanos. Yet it’s also a little like pesto, with the pistachios pureed into the mix.
If you need to make a nut-free version, the pistachios are not absolutely necessary, but they do provide depth and richness that make this avocado dip hard to resist.
Nuts or no nuts, Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip is low carb, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. You can serve it with tortilla chips, or lighten things up even more with fresh cut veggies.
Planning ahead for a party?
Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip is a great alternative to classic guacamole, because the addition of lime juice, poblano peppers, and pistachios helps it to keep longer in the refrigerator without browning.
In fact, you can make this dip 3-4 days ahead if needed. Actually, making it ahead intensifies the flavors for a brighter zestier dipping experience!
Try spreading our Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip on sandwiches, on toast, or use it as a sauce over grilled protein.
No matter how you serve it, this perky dip will delight your palate in a major way!
Looking for More Healthy Dips?
Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip Recipe – A low carb, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan Mexican dip that tastes perky and delicious! Who knew?
- 3 poblano peppers
- 2 ripe hass avocados
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the poblano peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and roast on the center rack for 15 minutes. Once the poblanos are soft and their skins are blistered, place them in a plastic zip bag and seal the bag. Allow the peppers to steam in the bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skin.
- Carefully peel off the waxy skin on each poblano pepper. Remove the stems and seeds and place the peppers in a food processor.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into the food processor. Then add the pistachios, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Secure the lid on the food processor and puree until very smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable chips, or fresh cut vegetables.
Yield: 2 cups , Serving Size: 1/4 cup (8)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 81 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 313mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.1g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad Next Post
Crystal Coast Outer Banks NC Vacation Tips