Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip Recipe, a low carb, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan Mexican dip with zesty appeal! Who knew healthy could taste this good!?
Chips and Dips
There are very few things in life that get me as excited as chips and dips.
In fact, I try not to keep chips in the house unless friends are coming over, because inevitably I will find something to dip them in and eat the whole bag all by myself.
It’s a personal problem.
Yet when we do have a house party on the calendar, chips and dips are the first items on my menu.
They are great quick-prep appetizers, filler foods for cocktail parties, and are easy to adjust for various dietary needs.
Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip Recipe
Today’s Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip recipe is a vibrant dip for spring and summer made with fresh roasted poblano peppers, ripe avocados, shelled pistachios, and herbs.
It’s sort of like guacamole, yet smoother and creamier with a deep smoky essence from the poblanos. Yet it’s also a little like pesto, with the pistachios pureed into the mix.
What If I’m Allergic To Nuts?
If you need to make a nut-free version, the pistachios are not absolutely necessary, but they do provide depth and richness that make this avocado dip hard to resist.
Nuts or no nuts, this Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip is:
- Low carb
- Dairy free
You can serve it with tortilla chips, or lighten things up even more with fresh cut veggies.
Planning Ahead For A Party?
Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip is a great alternative to classic guacamole because the addition of lime juice, poblano peppers, and pistachios help it to keep longer in the refrigerator without browning.
In fact, you can make this dip 3-4 days ahead if needed. Actually, making it ahead intensifies the flavors for a brighter zestier dipping experience!
Other Ways To Serve Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip
Try spreading our Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip on sandwiches, on toast, or use it as a sauce over grilled protein.
No matter how you serve it, this perky dip will delight your palate in a major way!
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip. Enjoy!
Looking for More Healthy Dips?
- Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus
- Fresh Mango Guacamole
- Strawberry Habanero Salsa
- Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Best Homemade Tomato Salsa
Healthy Roasted Poblano Avocado Dip Recipe
- 3 poblano peppers
- 2 ripe hass avocados
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro packed
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the poblano peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and roast on the center rack for 15 minutes. Once the poblanos are soft and their skins are blistered, place them in a plastic zip bag and seal the bag. Allow the peppers to steam in the bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skin.
- Carefully peel off the waxy skin on each poblano pepper. Remove the stems and seeds and place the peppers in a food processor.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into the food processor. Then add the pistachios, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Secure the lid on the food processor and puree until very smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable chips, or fresh cut vegetables.