Mean green Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus, a healthy protein-packed snack with tons of flavor!
Let’s be honest, no one likes to cook in the summertime. Not even me.
We want to eat dishes that keep us, and our kitchens, cool. Big flavor, yet very little time and effort. Meals that make the most of seasonal produce… Meals that keep us in shape for swimsuit season.
Personally, I could go all the way through the summer eating only salads, grilled protein, and quick healthy snacks.
This Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus is a fabulous recipe for summer because it meets all the criteria. It’s fast, healthy, and packed with produce.
It is also gluten free, vegan, low carb, and rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Yet best of all, this Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus tastes amazing.
It has a light creamy texture from the avocado, a bright acidic pop from fresh lime juice, and herby notes from thai basil and garlic. You can even add a serrano pepper for spicy heat, if you like.
The underlying edamame flavor gently brings all these elements together to dazzle your tastebuds.
Simply place all the ingredients in the food processor and puree until smooth. The consistency is smooth and creamy, yet dense. You can add additional liquid for a thinner hummus that is easier to spread.
Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus is a satisfying go-to snack that fills you up, without weighing you down. I like to make for friends on low carb or vegan diets. It’s always a big hit!
More Healthy Snack Options
Creamy Avocado Edamame Hummus
- 12 ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 ripe hass avocado
- 10-12 thai basil leaves, or 8-10 sweet basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Puree until very smooth. Add 1-2 additional tablespoons of water if the hummus is too thick. Taste, then season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cheesy Enchilada Meatball Sub Recipe Next Post
Fennel Salad with Roasted Beets and Shaved Asparagus