This easy Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups Recipe is so inviting, you won’t even miss the crust!
We’re keeping it low carb today with crustless pizza cups.
A couple years ago I shared a mini pepperoni pizza cups recipe, with itty bitty pizza bites baked in a pepperoni shell. It was such a hit, we’ve been experimenting with all sorts of additional low carb party snacks.
However, when you need to kick a comfort food craving, nothing beats pizza!
So today I’m sharing a slightly larger, slightly meatier, pizza cup variation… Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups.
Instead of using a mini muffin pan, these little pizzas are baked in a standard-size muffin pan, so that each pizza is 4-5 bites, as opposed to one bite.
They are more filling than the original and hold all the toppings on a classic supreme pizza. Yet they are just as easy to make!
Actually, I think they are faster to make than the tiny pepperoni pizza cups.
Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups
To get started, all you need is…
- Prosciutto – Thin slices are best. Yet make sure they are not so thin, that they pull into shreds when you try to separate the slices.
- Italian sausage – Cooked and crumbled.
- Pepperoni – For this recipe, I like to buy the mini pepperoni slices. If you can’t find them, use standard pepperoni and cut the slices into little pieces.
- Pizza sauce – For ultra low carb, look for sugar free sauce.
- Cream cheese – For that little extra something in the bottom of each pizza cup.
- Mozzarella cheese – For the cheesy top.
- Bell peppers – You could also add jalapeno slices, or banana peppers.
- Onions – Sliced very thin.
- Black olives – sliced canned black olives are great, or you could mix things up with a different variety of olive.
How To Make Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups
- First things first, wrap a slice of prosciutto in each muffin cup. Make sure the ends are overlapped, so that as it bakes, it creates a solid cup. You don’t want the fillings to leak out.
- Bake the empty cups. This gives the cups a head-start on turning crispy in the oven.
- Add all the fillings. Use the fillings we recommend for “supreme pizza” or add you favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake again… Until the cheese in bubbly and the cup is crunchy.
Get The Full (Printable) Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups Recipe Below
More Tantalizing Low Carb Party Snacks
- Best Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Egg Roll Wraps
- Crunchy Thai Larb Rolls
- Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki
- Steak Fajita Roll Ups
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado
Low Carb Supreme Pizza Cups
This easy Low Carb (Ketogenic) Supreme Pizza Cups recipe is so inviting, you won't even miss the crust! Little hand-held cups perfect for parties.
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons mini pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Fit one slice of prosciutto down in each muffin cup, overlapping the ends, to close any gaps.
Bake the prosciutto cups empty for 5 minutes.
Place a 1 teaspoon dollop of cream cheese in the bottom each prosciutto cup, followed by 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce.
Sprinkle sausage, bell peppers, onions, pepperoni, and olives in each cup. Then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese over the top.
Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese on top is bubbly and the prosciutto is crispy around the edges.
These make great leftovers! Just be sure to leave them in the oven long enough that the prosciutto is crispy.