Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
We’re sharing a fabulous 5-ingredient Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip today. You won’t even miss the carbs, fat, and unnecessary calories!
Super Bowl is right around the corner. If we’re honest with ourselves, most of us are just as excited about the party snacks as we are about the game!
Yet, if you’ve worked hard all month to stick to a healthy low carb diet, you are probably a little nervous about Super Bowl. Who wants to blow a month’s worth of results on cheap take-out pizza and potato chips!?
I find if I make a little effort to plan lightened-up low carb snacks, it’s much easier to avoid the junk food.
Today’s Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip is a party snack that tastes devilishly decadent, but is actually high protein, low carb, low(er) in fat, and gluten free.
It’s rich and cheesy with a zesty note from Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce. When you dip down into this hot creamy dish, you’ll scoop up refried beans, chunks of chicken, and an ultra silky spiced cheese sauce!
You can serve Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip with tortilla chips if you like. Yet if you serve it with baked vegetable chips or raw cut vegetables, it’s just as wonderful, and you will refrain from a lot of heavy carbs and calories.
I made this Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip with only 5 simple ingredients you can find at Target: Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans, Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce, Market Pantry Light Cream Cheese, Market Pantry Reduced Fat Mexican-Style Shredded Cheese, and cooked chicken.
You can use up leftover chicken in the dip, or buy fully cooked Archer Farms Chicken Strips to chop up for the Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip.
Grab all the ingredients at Target, and save money by finding this month’s deals on Old El Paso products in your Target Cartwheel App.
Cartwheel is a free app that gives you a bar code for extra savings on specific items at Target stores. You simply add the discounts you want to your account, then let the clerk scan your bar code at checkout. It’s super simple!
This month Target has Cartwheel deals on Old El Paso products for Super Bowl starting on January 29th, running through February 11th.
Find discounts on Old El Paso Refried Beans, Taco Shells, and Taco Kits!
Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip is so rich and comforting, your friends and family will lick the dish clean. My boys were absolutely nuts over it, and had no idea I had reduced the carbs, fat, and calories.
That’s a win in my book!
Check out our recipe card below!
Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 16 ounces Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans (1 can) or fat-free
- 2 cans Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce (10-ounce cans) or one 19-ounce can
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat Mexican-style shredded cheese, separated
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Scallions or cilantro for garnish
- baked veggie chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the Old El Paso Refried Beans in the bottom of a 8- or 9-inch baking dish. Cover the beans with chopped chicken. Then top the chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor (or blender.) Puree to soften. Then add in the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce and puree until smooth.
- Pour the creamy enchilada sauce over the shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Then pull the dip out of the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Garnish with fresh chopped scallion or cilantro if desired. Serve warm with baked veggie chips or raw vegetables.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Target and Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Glad you gave it this twist so I can enjoy this for super bowl Sunday! Can’t wait to start dipping!
One of my favorites! I could eat this whole bowl :)
It truly doesn’t get better than this Dip (and you’d never guess its ‘skinny’ from the flavor)!
This is so good. I’ll be making it again today!
what great appetizer! how excited the boys would be to have this for super bowl sunday!!
Pingback: Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup - A Spicy Perspective
Could I use GREEN enchilada sauce instead of red?
Of course! Let me know how it turns out. :)
I NEED this at my next Superbowl party! YUM!
This is totally my kinda dip! skinny and delicious! Loving it!
we’d love this dip! can’t wait to try it!
I could live on dip. This looks fantastic!
Perfect for entertaining!
I so want to dive into this dip!