Still hunting for homemade gift ideas? Today we’re sharing easy Flavored Sugar Recipes that make flavorful and fabulous edible gifts for the holidays!
Let me guess…
What can you make your friends and family this year that you haven’t made them before?
How about Flavored Sugar Recipes!
Flavored Sugar Recipes take minutes to make and are fun to give as gifts!
You can make nearly any variety under the sun, but today I’m sharing my 6 favorite flavored sugar recipes.
From spicy, to boozy, to flower scented, these sugars are wonderful to have on hand for stirring into coffee, sprinkling over oatmeal, or even sprinkling on plain sugar cookies.
Simply add 1 cup of sugar to a small glass jar, then add in the additional ingredients and shake.
Over time the ingredients release their essence into the sugar and give it a wonderful scent and flavor.
It’s best to mix your Flavored Sugar Recipes several days in advance. However, if you are in a pinch for time, one day ahead will work.
You can use plain granulated sugar, turbinado sugar, palm sugar, date sugar, any kind you like. But remember, the course sugars work best with moist add-ins because the are less likely to dissolve.
If adding wet ingredients to your Flavored Sugar Recipes, shake them well in a larger container, then let them air dry. They will clump a little while drying, so shake again to break up the clumps before jarring.
You can even use culinary grade flowers like lavender and rosebuds.
These are great for adding to tea, scones, and shortbread!
Most Flavored Sugar Recipes are inexpensive to make, so have fun experimenting with interesting flavor combinations.
And make sure to keep a jar or two for yourself!
Flavored Sugar Recipes
Yield: 1 cup each
Prep Time:2 minutes
- Vanilla Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 vanilla bean.
- Coffee Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon crushed instant coffee granules. (Press the instant coffee granules into powder before mixing.)
- Chile Lime Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1/4 teapsoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon chile powder, 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest.
- Orange Vanilla Bourbon Sugar: 1 cup large grain sugar + 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean powder, 1/2 teaspoon bourbon. Shake thoroughly to combine, then dry without lid and shake again to break up.
- Lavender or Rosebud Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon dried culinary flower buds.
- Sriracha Sugar: 1 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce Shake thoroughly to combine, then dry without lid and shake again to break up.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!