Asian Beef Ribs Recipe
Spicy sweet Asian beef ribs with a secret ingredient! Today’s beef ribs recipe not only delivers on flavor, it’s a great way to break in your grill this season.
Secretly, I’ve been grilling all year long… even in the dead of winter.
Yet, I hear rumors that some of you have yet to pull the cover of your grill in 2014.
Well my friends, it’s time!
So to inspire you to crank up the backyard flames, I’ve got an amazing beef ribs recipe that will set the bar high for all your other grilled favorites.
My asian-inspired beef ribs and brushed with a tangy glaze made with seasoned soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, garlic… and Musselman’s Apple Butter. Surprise!
You would not believe the level of depth and richness that apple butter can give to grilled ribs. Apple butter on ribs is a must-try this grilling season. The thick texture provides the most amazing bark on the outside of the ribs, sealing in all the juicy flavors.
And the dark fruity flavor of apple butter mixed with exotic asian ingredients? To die for.
I like to start this “grilled” beef ribs recipe in the oven. You can certainly grilled them the first few hours on low heat, but I find it’s easier to control the time and juiciness by baking the ribs first.
Then I brush the beef ribs with my special apple butter glaze, a second time, and grill them over high heat to form and crusty bark on the outside.
What you end up with is a beefy pile and crisp, juicy, fall-off-the-bone, melt-in-your-mouth, spicy-sweet goodness that you can’t stop eating. This beef ribs recipe is fight-over-the-last-rib, even battered-and-beaten-but-still-the-winner, good.
And yes, there will be finger licking.
Serve these beef ribs with your favorites southern sides, or get even more adventurous and try them with a side of kimchi.
Either way, your tastebuds (and family) will thank you.
Asian Beef Ribs Recipe
- 6 pounds beef ribs
- 1 cup Mussleman's Apple Butter
- 1/3 cup seasoned soy sauce like Golden Mountain
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions for garnish
- 3 cups kimchi optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the beef ribs in a large roasting pan and pat dry.
- Then mix the Musselman's Apple Butter, seasoned soy, Sriracha, fish sauce, and garlic in a medium bowl. Brush half of the sauce over the ribs and save the rest for later. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 3 hours, until the meat easily pulls off the bone.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Allow the beef ribs to rest for 15 minutes, then cut them apart between the bones. Brush them with more sauce and grill the ribs for 5-10 minutes per side until and crust or "bark" forms on the outside. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve warm, with a side of kimchi.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Musselman’s Apple Butter. All opinions are my own.