These melt-in-your-mouth Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs with rock your dinner table!
This chicken, guys…
Ultra moist, fall-off-the-bone chicken thighs. Salty-sweet sticky glaze. And a rich Asian spiced aroma wafting from the Instant Pot.
These things together create the most amazing chicken.
Today’s Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs are one of those recipe you are going to make over and over. My kids beg for it on a weekly basis, and have since the first time I made it.
Seasoned with a handful of pantry staple ingredients, these pressure cooked chicken thighs are undeniably addictive. You can literally press a fork on the top of each thigh and the meat just falls into shreds.
Although they have an enticing Asian flavor, Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs pair well with just about everything. You can serve them with steamed broccoli and rice, or over mashed potatoes.
You can even pull the meat off the bones and mix it into quick pasta dishes!
How to Make Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs
Brown the chicken on the skin side only in batches. This gives the skin color which helps it further retain the color of the glaze while pressure cooking, for a prettier finished product.
Then pile all the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot.
Whisk together a quick glaze made with low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, a little ketchup for color, garlic and ginger.
Pour the glaze over the chicken.
Seal the lid on the pot and pressure cook the chicken for 20 minutes.
You can enjoy the chicken immediately, or whisk in a little cornstarch at the end to thicken the glaze.
Pull the chicken thighs out of the Instant Pot with tongs and ladle the sweet glaze over the top of each piece.
Don’t have dinner plans tonight? Give our Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs a try.
You will not be sorry!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs
Yield: 5-6 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Instant Pot Sweet Soy Chicken Thighs Recipe – Melt in your mouth chicken thighs made in the pressure cooker, with a sweet sticky ginger garlic soy glaze.
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (10-12 thighs)
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce (I bought gluten free)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- Garnishes: sesame seeds and chopped scallions
- Turn the Instant Pot on the Sauté setting and add the sesame oil. Add several of the chicken thighs, skin-side-down. Brown the skin for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Then remove the chicken thighs and repeat with the remaining thighs until all have been browned on the skin side. Place all the chicken thighs back in the Instant Pot, skin-side-up. *This first step is optional. Then skin will not stay crisp once pressure cooked, but the browning process gives the skin a much richer color once finished. If skipping the browning, pile the raw thighs in the Instant Pot and move onto step 2.
- Pour the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Whisk well, then pour the glaze over the top of the chicken.
- Lock the lid into place. Set the Instant Pot on Pressure Cook High for 20 minutes. Then turn the Instant Pot Off and perform a Quick Release. Once the pressure valve button drops, it’s safe to open the lid.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the glaze out of the pot. Whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch into the glaze. Then turn the Instant Pot back on Sauté and stir the cornstarch slurry back into the pot. Let it simmer for 2-4 minutes to thicken the glaze. Turn off the pot. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions before servings.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can make this recipe in the slow cooker. Follow step 1 on the stovetop and place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker. Pour the glaze over the top. Then cover the slow cooker and set on high for approximately 6 hours. Follow step 4 to thicken the sauce.
Yield: 5-6 servings, Serving Size: 2 thighs
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 495 Calories
- Total Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sugar: 20.7g
- Protein: 32.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!