Holiday Apple Cinnamon Old Fashioned
An intriguing holiday cocktail, with subtle notes of apple and cinnamon. This old fashioned variation is brimming with Christmas cheer for your holiday party!
I’m sort of a light weight when it comes to cocktails.
One makes me extreeeeemely open and honest.
Two drinks put me under the table.
So when it comes to mixing drinks, Lt. Dan knows he has to make the first one count, because it will probably be my only beverage.
He’s gotten really good at making cocktails that have a touch of sweetness to cut the hard liquor, yet are delicately complex, so you savor every sip to decipher what he put in it.
…I love that.
His holiday Apple Cinnamon Old Fashioned recipe is a new favorite this month. Dark rich depth from Musselman’s Apple Butter helps accentuate the bourbon and bitters.
Stir in some fresh apple peel and a cinnamon stick and you have the perfect holiday cocktail.
Let’s all cheers to Lt. Dan!
Apple Cinnamon Old Fashioned Recipe
- 1 sugar cube
- 3-4 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 teaspoons Musselman's Apple Butter
- 2 strips apple peel
- 1/2 ounce club soda
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon We like 4 Roses and Bulleit
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the sugar cube, bitters, Musselman's Apple Butter, apple peels and club soda in a glass. Muddle in the glass.
- Then add ice and bourbon. Stir well and add the cinnamon stick.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!