Air Fryer Cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies)
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
How to Air Fry Cookies – This easy “no bake” recipe is perfect to make a small batch of delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer!
Wait… Cookies Can Be Baked in an Air Fryer?
We’ve been making everything else in the AF, so why not cookies!
The air fryer does a fabulous job of baking small batches of cookies, with a crispy exterior texture and soft chewy interior. You can quickly make 4-6 cookies as needed, and not heat up the whole kitchen with your conventional oven.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are sweet, nutty, and utterly irresistible. They’re easy to air fry in only about 5 minutes for a freshly “baked” treat anytime!
Ingredients You Need
- Peanut butter
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Salt (table salt or sea salt)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make This Easy Air Fryer Recipe
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. Set out an electric stand mixer and a medium bowl.
In the stand mixer, add the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugar together on high until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Set the mixer on low and beat in the flour mixture until well incorporated. Finally, beat in the chocolate chips.
Pro Tip: For the prettiest cookies, reserve a handful of chocolate chips to strategically place on top of the cookies.
Carefully place a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
For small cookies, roll 1 tablespoon balls of dough. Place the rolled balls on another piece of parchment paper.
For larger cookies, roll 2 tablespoon balls. (Use a cookie scoop to create evenly portioned cookie.)
Press them flat with the palm of your hand until they are about ½ inch thick.
Top the flat peanut butter cookies with a few extra chocolate chips, if you like, to make them more visually appealing.
You can place about 4 large or 6 small cookies in the air fryer at a time.
Air fry the cookies in small batches for 4 minutes for small cookies, or 5 to 6 minutes for larger cookies.
Get the Complete (Printable) Air Fryer Cookies Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Transfer air fryer chocolate chip cookies to a cooling rack for a few minutes. Then move to a holding plate.
Repeat the air frying process with the remaining dough.
How to Make This Recipe in the Oven
Our peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is just as easy to make in the oven, if you like!
Bake the cookies in 350°F preheated oven for 9 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cookies does this chocolate chip cookie recipe make?
This recipe makes 10 large or 20 small cookies. You can halve the ingredients to make a smaller batch of 5-10 cookies.
What else can I add to air fryer cookies?
Try them with chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sprinkles.
What temp should you air fry your cookies?
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you put cookie dough in the air fryer?
Small cookies need to be air-fried for about 4 minutes. Larger cookies will need to air fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
How do you make gluten-free air fryer cookies?
Swap traditional all-purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free baking flour alternative.
What is the best way to store homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
Let the cookies cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. Keep at room temperature for up to a week or so.
For longer storage, I suggest that you freeze the cookies. Wrap the cooled cookies in plastic wrap and store them together in a plastic zipper bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
- How to Reheat Pizza (and Everything Else!) in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Best Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Crispy Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
Air Fryer Cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. Set out an electric stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- In the stand mixer, add the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugar together on high until fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Set the mixer on low and beat in the flour mixture until well incorporated. Finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- Carefully place a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- For small cookies, roll 1 tablespoon balls of dough, then press them flat with the palm of your hand until they are about ½ inch thick. Place 6 to 8 cookies on the parchment paper at a time. (They will not spread so you don’t have to keep them far apart.) For larger cookies, roll 2 tablespoon balls and press them with the palm of your hand. You can place about 4 large cookies in the air fryer at a time. *For visual appeal, you may want to add afew extra chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies.
- Air fry the cookies in small batches for 4 minutes for small cookies, or 5 to 6 minutes for larger cookies. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Halloumi Fries (Air Fryer or Baked) – Threenuts
We have a new oven on order and my boys wanted to make cookies so I didn’t know what to do! Until I found this recipe for air fryer cookies!! SO so good, thank you!
This was my first time using my air fryer to bake, and it was so fun! These cookies came out perfect…great recipe!
I love that I found this recipe! a game changer for sure! and these cookies are my perfect consistency! thank you so much for sharing this recipe