Yield: 1 pizza
Prep Time: 30 minutes (active time)
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pizza dough ball (homemade or frozen)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tb. thick raw honey
- 1 cup sliced cantaloupe pieces
- 2 Tb. toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh arugula (or basil)
- Cornmeal for the pizza crust
- Place the pizza dough ball in a large oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rise until double in size, 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Place a large baking stone over the grates of your grill and preheat the grill on high. It's important that the stone is extremely hot before place the pizza on it. Roll out the pizza dough into a thin 13 inch circle. Sprinkle a flat baking sheet with cornmeal and place the pizza crust on top. (The cornmeal helps the pizza crust to slid off the baking sheet.)
- Mix the ricotta cheese and honey in a small bowl Dollop the ricotta around the surface of the pizza crust, then top it with pieces of cantaloupe. Once the grill reaches at least 600 degrees F, shake the baking sheet to loosen the pizza crust and slide it onto the baking stone. Cover and grill for 2-5 minutes. Check your pizza after 2-3 minutes. If the grill is really hot, it will cook extremely fast. You don't want to burn the bottom!
- Use a large spatula to loosen the pizza and move it back onto the baking sheet. Then top it with pine nuts, fresh arugula, and a light sprinkle of salt. Cut and serve warm!
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2