The Best Homemade Salsa Recipe
Yield: 5+ cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded (You can substitute 1-2 habanero or serrano peppers.)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounce can crushed san marzano tomatoes
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles (mild, medium, or hot)
- Place the fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the contents are fine and well blended.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and green chiles. Puree until mostly smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2