Sweet and spicy Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa, perfect for dipping!
Here starts the true confessions segment… There are foods I make from scratch and foods I buy pre-made.
I never make sushi, I always buy it. I know, I know… It’s easy to make. Yet that doesn’t stop me from wanting someone else to roll it for me.
I almost never make ribs. Takeout ribs from our favorite local barbecue joint are so darn good!
I never ever roast a chicken. Grocery store rotisserie chickens all the way, baby.
Whew! Now that that’s over, there are things others buy pre-made that I try my best to always make from scratch. I guess we all have our foods we’re particular about.
This time of year, when there is fresh produce in-season everywhere I look, I’ve got to make the most of it.
Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa is the perfect place to start. It’s a dip, it’s a sauce, heck who am I kidding… I eat it right out of the jar with a spoon.
Grilling peaches releases their natural sweetness and adds a smokey essence. Grilled peaches are amazing on there own, but combined with charred garden veggies and spicy heat, they really shine.
The trick to perfect grilled peaches is to use firm, yet ripe peaches. Grill them just long enough to create char marks and loosen up the juices. You do not want them to get mushy.
The same principle goes for the peppers and shallots. The char marks on the grilled peaches, shallots and peppers add flavor and visual appeal.
Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa mingles sweet poppy notes, spice, and herbs together, making simple summertime dishes sing!
Try Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa over protein like grilled chicken, fish, or steak. Use it as a topper for smooth creamy soups. Or on a cheese board with ripe creamy cheese… Heaven.
Grilled Peach Chipotle Salsa gives common garden fair a little summertime Va-va-VOOM!
More Summer Salsas Worth Making
Watermelon Salsa From Reluctant Entertainer
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa From Barefeet In The Kitchen
Chesapeake Salsa Form A Family Feast
Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa
Yield: 4 cups
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa Recipe – A fresh spicy-sweet fruit salsa recipe perfect for dipping. Spoon peach salsa over fish or chicken for a perky topping!
- 6 firm, ripe peaches
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons honey (if needed)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cut each peach into 4 thick slices. Cut the shallots in half and the pepper in quarters. Lay the peaches, shallots and peppers on a baking sheets and toss with a little oil.
- Carefully place the peaches, shallots and peppers on the grill. Grill the peaches 1-2 minutes per side until nice grill marks have formed, but the peaches are still firm. Grill the shallots and pepper 2-4 minutes per side. Remove and cool.
- Chop the peaches, shallots and peppers into small ¼ inch chunks and place them in a bowl.
- Mince the chipotle peppers, then add them to the bowl along with the minced garlic, cilantro, the juice of 1 lime and honey.
- Mix well and salt and pepper to taste. For a “saucier” salsa, puree half the peaches with the lime juice then, mix with the rest.
Yield: 4 cups, Serving Size: 16
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 39 Calories
- Total Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Protein: 0.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!