Love sausage and peppers? You are going to go nuts over this sausage and peppers pasta with spicy sausage, sweet sun dried peppers, and capers! This simple pasta dish is to die for.
It’s the little things in life that make me happy. My daughter’s laugh, a crisp clear day, finding change in a coat pocket, and a simple rustic meal.
Happiness isn’t the outcome of what we do or do not own.
Happiness isn’t the exhilaration of awards or high risk challenges.
Happiness is a choice we make on a daily basis to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. To see the little beauties in life, instead of bulldozing over them in our efforts to get ahead.
I am a notorious bulldozer. I’ve always been such a one-tracker, I get my mind on something and that’s all I can think about.
Yet my goal is to walk through life with my eyes wide open to the joy around me.
To resist racing through life for some false prize at the end, only to look back and see I’ve missed all the little daily blessings along the way.
Some days I do better than others.
Want to know something silly that always makes me beam with delight?
The sound and aroma of spicy sausage sizzling in a hot pan.
Ahhhh… I love that.
And then there’s the combination of sausage and peppers.
Spicy sausage, crisp on the outside, with sweet tangy red peppers is never a bad thing.
This easy Sausage and Peppers Pasta recipe is a source of joy in my family.
The classic combination of spicy sausage and sweet red peppers with hearty DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, sautéed onions and briny capers is so comforting and so quick to make, how could that not make you happy?
This fall let’s stop and smell the sausage together, so we don’t look back with regret.
More Favorite Fall Pasta
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Mushroom Lasagna roll Ups – Closet Cooking
Creamy Tomato Crab Pasta – Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Spaghetti Carbonara – Salted and Styled
Sausage and Peppers Pasta
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 lb. DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Fusilli
- 14-16 oz. spicy kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 jar (6.7 oz) DeLallo Sun Dried Peppers, roughly chopped (reserve oils)
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tb. capers, drained
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper if needed
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little oil to the skillet and saute the sausage until crispy on the outside, flip once. Then add the garlic and onions, and saute onother 2-3 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add the red pepper, pasta and capers. Toss and taste for salt and pepper. Add a little of the pepper jar oils if the pasta seems dry. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!