There’s nothing like a Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup that tastes like comfort food!
Struggling to figure out what to make for dinner tonight?
That’s ok. It happen to the best of us.
Sometimes by the end of the day, I’m so tired of making decisions, I would prefer if someone just told me what to make for dinner.
If you are feeling that way today, I’m happy to be the decisive voice in your life.
Make this Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup tonight.
It’s packed with protein, veggies, and hearty beans. Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup takes very little time and effort to make. You are likely to have most (or all) the ingredients, in your freezer, pantry, and spice drawer.
And best of all, it tastes delicious! The zesty broth is robust, and loaded with chunky goodness.
To Make Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup
Start by sautéing onions, peppers, and carrots in a large pot. Throw in whole chicken breasts, beans, and a handful of common spices. Simmer the soup until the chicken cooks through.
Then shred the chicken breasts and stir the shredded chicken back into the pot.
Dinner is ready to serve!
This Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup is a one-pot meal your whole family will love.
The recipes makes a large batch, so you can plan to take it to work as lunch for several days, freeze some, or feed a crowd!
More Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
Healthy Chicken White Bean Soup
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 carrots, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 – 15 ounce cans white beans, drained (any variety)
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 11 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Set a large 6-8 quart stock pot over medium heat. Add the butter, onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the whole chicken breasts, beans, chiles, broth, all herbs and spices, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked through, pull them out of the soup with tongs. Add the corn to the soup. Then use a fork to shred the chicken into small pieces. Add the shredded chicken back to the soup.
- Stir. Then taste the soup. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm!