We are crazy over these Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls, and we think you will be too!
It’s cold outside. The world looks barren. We are itching for spring. And most of us are unbearably stir crazy and driving our loved ones nuts.
As long as you’re stuck inside, make the most of it. This is the time to spice up dinner and play with flavor combinations!
A little excitement on the dinner table, in the dead of winter, is all it takes to make your family smile.
Today’s Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls is a zesty mash-up style recipe. I combine lasagna noodles with vibrant tex mex flavor, and silky cheese sauce.
This festive combination is bold, comforting, and easy to love. My family has been known to argue over who gets to take the leftover Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls for lunch the next day.
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls are simple to make.
Start by cooking lasagna noodles to al dente. Then puree Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce with cream cheese. The enchilada sauce blends perfectly with the cream cheese, giving it a perky taste.
Mix black beans, cooked chicken, peppers, scallions, cheese and Old El Paso Taco Seasoning together. Roll the mixture into the lasagna noodles.
Then pour the sauce over the top and bake!
As the Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls bake, the cheese sauce works it’s way into the rolls to make them extra rich and saucy!
We could eat Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls every week and never get tired of them.
You know what… We just might!
Make sure to look for Old El Paso foods at your grocery store, so you can play with zesty flavor combinations in your own kitchen this winter.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Ole El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Yield: 6-12 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls Recipe – A fun lasagna variations with huge tex mex flavor, and tons of cheese sauce!
- 1 pound box dried lasagna noodles
- 19 ounce can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (use up leftovers)
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 heaping cup chopped bell pepper (I used two colors.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 cups chopped scallions
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set a large pot of salted water over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked to al dente, lay them out on a clean tea towel.
- Meanwhile, place the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce in the blender and add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour half of the cheese sauce into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, black beans, bell peppers, garlic, 2 cups shredded cheese, scallions, and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture evenly over 12 lasagna noodles. Roll each noodle, tucking bits back into the rolls if they fall out. Place the rolls in the baking dish. Once all the rolls are in the dish, pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro if desired.
Yield: 6-12 servings, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 362 Calories
- Total Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 1069mg
- Carbohydrates: 34.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 19g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Chocolate Pomegranate Petit Fours Next Post
Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner