Southwest Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
Lasagna Roll Ups?
As long as you’re stuck making dinners for your family, make the most of it. This is the time to spice up dinner and play with flavor combinations!
A little excitement on the dinner table is all it takes to make your family smile.
Today’s Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls is a zesty mash-up style recipe. I combine lasagna noodles with vibrant tex mex flavor and silky cheese sauce.
This festive combination is bold, comforting, and easy to love. My family has been known to argue over who gets to take the leftover Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls for lunch the next day.
Lasagna Roll Ups Ingredients
- Dried Lasagna Noodles – One box will fit a 9×13 baking tray
- Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce – This gives it a southwest flavor
- Cream Cheese – To make the sauce thick and creamy
- Chopped Cooked Chicken – This is great for using up leftover chicken
- Black Beans – Make sure that they are drained well
- Chopped Bell Pepper – I like to use two different colored peppers
- Garlic Cloves – Finely minced
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese – This will be divided between the filling and the topping
- Chopped Scallions – Adds in a nice zesty crunch and some coloring
- Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet – Brings in the Tex Mex flavoring
How To Make Lasagna Roll Ups
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls are simple to make.
- Start by cooking lasagna noodles to al dente. Then puree Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce with cream cheese. The enchilada sauce blends perfectly with the cream cheese, giving it a perky taste.
- Mix black beans, cooked chicken, peppers, scallions, cheese and Old El Paso Taco Seasoning together. Roll the mixture into the lasagna noodles.
- Then pour the sauce over the top and bake!
As the Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls bake, the cheese sauce works its way into the rolls to make them extra rich and saucy!
We could eat Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls every week and never get tired of them.
You know what… We just might!
Make sure to look for Old El Paso foods at your grocery store, so you can play with zesty flavor combinations in your own kitchen this winter.
Get the Complete Southwest Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this be made the day before and put in the fridge?
Absolutely! You can prep this dish all the way up to baking, then cover and refrigerate for several days. Straight from the refrigerator, the baking time will be closer to 40-45 minutes.
How long can leftovers last in the fridge?
When they are stored in an airtight container, these rolls can last 3 to 5 days in the fridge.
Do the leftovers freeze well?
Yes, this is a great freezer recipe. Cover well and freeze for up to 3 months. Place it in the fridge the night before you want to serve it, then bake it in the oven to reheat.
Can I Use A Different Protein?
Yes! Try adding shredded pork or ground beef to this recipe. For a meat-free version, swap the chicken for diced tofu.
Can I Add Extra Vegetables?
Sure! Consider mixing in chopped zucchini, kale, or spinach.
What Do I Serve with Southwest Lasagna Roll Ups?
Other Great Dinner Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Chicken Chili Recipe
- Keto Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe (Made With Zucchini!)
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel (Casserole Recipe)
- Best Vegetarian Pot Pie Recipe
- Rustic Ribollita Recipe (Tuscan White Bean Soup)
- Broiled Salmon Recipe with Garlic Herb Butter
- Best Hamburger Patty Recipe
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Ole El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Southwest Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 pound dried lasagna noodles (1 box)
- 19 ounces Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce (1 can)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (great for using up leftovers)
- 15 ounces black beans, drained (1 can)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, (heaping) I used two colors
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 cups chopped scallions
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set a large pot of salted water over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked to al dente, lay them out on a clean tea towel.
- Meanwhile, place the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce in the blender and add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour half of the cheese sauce into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, black beans, bell peppers, garlic, 2 cups shredded cheese, scallions, and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture evenly over 12 lasagna noodles. Roll each noodle, tucking bits back into the rolls if they fall out. Place the rolls in the baking dish. Once all the rolls are in the dish, pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro if desired.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!