Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Stuffing
Yield: 10 - 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 - 4 hours
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 12 ounces unseasoned dried bread cube stuffing (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place the butter in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Once melted add the chopped onions and celery, then saute for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, chop all the herbs and whisk the chicken broth and eggs together. Pour the dried bread cubes into a large slow cooker.
- Once the onions and celery are soft and sweet, scoop them over the top of the dried bread cubes. Add the chopped herbs, dried cranberries, 2 teaspoons of Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Pour the broth and egg mixture over the top. Gently mix to coat.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn on high for 2-4 hours, or low for 4-6 hours. If you leave the stuffing on too long, and it starts to dry out, add a little more chicken broth to soften.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Diamond Crystal® Salt. All opinions are our own.
PAGE: 1 2