Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 13 ounce box whole grain pasta (shells, penne or rotini)
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 3/4 cup "buffalo wing" cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Boil the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
- Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
- Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and the panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, approximately 30-40 minutes.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2
Low Carb London Broil Recipe with Golden Beet Salad Next Post
Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Pie Crust Sticks + Giveaway!