The Best EASY Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (No-Chill!)
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The Best EASY Chocolate Chip Cookies – This classic cookie dough recipe includes two simple secret ingredients for making super soft, perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies every time – no chilling needed!
Why We Love This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
There’s never a wrong time to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie.
This classic treat is the perfect afternoon snack, a comforting dessert, a sweet gift to share with others… Baking and sharing a batch of cookies is how we make memories, standing together at the kitchen counter. Or often a way to stay in touch through care packages. Enjoying a terrifically soft, slightly chewy, warm chocolate chip cookie instantly makes you feel nostalgic and just, well, better.
Simply put, they are love in cookie form.
We have many delicious, decadent cookies and bars on our site, but this Best EASY Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (No-Chill!) will definitely be your favorite go-to cookie for any occasion!
The Best No-Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s learn how to make the best chocolate chip cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are a personal favorite because they are fabulously soft and chewy cookie with two not-so-secret ingredients that help keep them soft and chewy for days… Ground oats (or oat flour) and cornstarch.
These two ingredients hold in moisture better than using standard flour alone, and the oats give the cookie dough a certain earthy depth of flavor that balances the richness of the chocolate chips.
Typically, homemade cookie dough requires refrigeration to keep the cookies from spreading too much and becoming flat when baking. But because these easy Chocolate Chip Cookies include oat flour and cornstarch, they are able to naturally get a perfectly moist and melt-in-your-mouth consistency with great rise. No chilling needed. Yay!
What Ingredients You Need
There’s nothing complicated about this classic no-chill Chocolate Chip Cookie dough recipe. Even the “secret ingredients” aren’t really that secret, or anything too special. But they are essential!
All you need is the right combination of these pantry staples to make perfectly chewy and soft cookies:
- All-purpose flour
- Ground old fashioned oats – or store-bought oat flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel – for the tops
I like using semisweet chocolate chips for this Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. However, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or chocolate chunks as well. Just be sure you have at least 12 ounces… It’s better to go over an ounce or two than to have too few chocolate chips!
How to Make the Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Gather the kids and get ready to make some sweet memories and wonderfully delicious cookies!
First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside.
If you are grinding dried oats, place them in a food processor or high-power blender. Turn on high until the oats are finely ground. Then measure out ½ cup.
Set out a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add the flour, ground oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
Then mix in the melted butter, both the brown sugar and granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer or by hand until the dough is smooth.
Next, mix the chocolate chips in evenly by hand.
Pro Tip: If you want your cookies to look very “chippy” on top, reserve one-third of the chocolate chips to press into the tops of each dough ball before baking.
Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the dough balls evenly. Roll each ball a little in your hands, and then place them on the cookie sheets 2 ½ inches apart.
Get the Complete Best EASY Chocolate Chip Cookies (No-Chill) Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Bake the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies until the edges look slightly golden, but the centers look a little under baked.
Once out of the oven and still hot, immediately sprinkle the tops with fleur de sel or sea salt. Then cool on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving.
Keep the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. But I doubt they’ll last that long!
How Long Can You Store The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
While this recipe makes Easy No-Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can make ahead and keep the raw cookie dough in the fridge for up to 4 days, and in the freezer for up to 2 months. Seal the dough in plastic wrap or an airtight container after making. Then, remove the chocolate chip cookie dough from the fridge for just a few minutes, or from the freezer for several hours, to soften before portioning and baking.
How Do You Make Gluten-Free No-Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Simply swap the all-purpose flour with your favorite GF-friendly flour blend to easily make this a gluten-free cookie recipe. The key secret ingredients – oat flour and cornstarch – are already gluten-free!
Looking for More Classic Cookie Recipes?
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Double Chocolate Cookies with Ginger and Cherries
- The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The Best EASY Chocolate Chip Cookies (No-Chill!)
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground old fashioned oats (or oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel for tops
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- If grinding dried oats, place them in a food processor or high-power blender. Turn on high until the oats are finely ground. Then measure out ½ cup.
- Set out a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Measure and add the flour, ground oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Then mix in the melted butter, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth. (This can be done by hand if you do not own an electric mixer.)
- Mix the chocolate chips in evenly by hand. Pro Tip: If you want your cookies to look very “chippy” on top, reserve one-third of the chocolate chips, then press several chips into the top of each dough ball before baking.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the dough balls evenly. Rolls each ball a little in your hands. Then place them on the cookie sheets 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the edges look slightly golden, but the centers look a little under baked. Once out of the oven, immediately sprinkle the tops with fleur de sel. Cool on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!