Southwest Chicken Detox Soup
Yield: 8-12 bowls
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Southwest Chicken Detox Soup Recipe – A fabulous healthy low-fat, low-carb, gluten-free soup, with tons of flavor! This cleansing soup packs a punch.
- 1 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 – 4.5 ounce cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 14.5 ounce can “fire roasted” crushed tomatoes
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the chicken breasts, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, all spices, carrots, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the chopped cabbage and broccoli to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a generous amount of diced avocado on top!
NOTE: If the soup base boils down too much, add 2-3 cups of water to the broth. Then taste for seasoning.
Yield: 8-12 bowls, Serving Size: 1/12th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 187 Calories
- Total Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 1093mg
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Protein: 13.6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2