Parmesan Pesto Chicken
Simple and sensational parmesan pesto chicken served over fresh summer pasta salad. This pesto chicken pasta dish is sure to be your new go-to dish this season!
Less is More. The older I get, the more often I find I stand by this motto.
I don’t want to have a closet full of clothes and shoes, just for the sake for having them. I’d rather have a few well-chosen items I can mix and match.
I don’t want my house to be full of stuff, trying to keep up with the Jones’. We are experience driven people and would rather spend our money on memory making, instead of nesting.
And I certainly don’t want to throw extra ingredients into a recipe, just for the sake of making it seem more chic or gourmet.
Good food does not always have to be complicated. Anyone that thinks otherwise is trying too hard, in my opinion.
Often the simple things in life provide the most satisfaction.
And that’s exactly how I feel about today’s pesto chicken. This recipe is comprised of three carefully selected ingredients: organic chicken breast, DeLallo Simply Pesto (Traditional Basil), and fresh shaved parmesan cheese.
I could have tinkered with fancy ingredients, or even made my own pesto from scratch, but this is one of those cases where more, is not more. Less is more.
DeLallo Simply Pesto is truly the only jarred pesto I buy. It is fresh and fragrant, adding huge flavor and complexity to simple weeknight meals like this.
When I’m in a hurry, yet want to make something wonderful, I rub DeLallo’s traditional basil pesto over chicken breasts, sprinkle the top with shaved parmesan cheese, and bake it. The basil pesto provides rich sweet and savory flavors to the juicy chicken, and the parmesan bakes into an effortless nutty crust.
While the pesto chicken is in the oven, I have time to make the gorgeous summery italian pasta salad I shared last week.
The combination of the fresh cool citrus, golden tomatoes, basil and pasta, with the hot crusty pesto chicken makes the most amazing pesto chicken pasta ever!
I love this dinner duo so much. And I think you will too.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast 2 large or 3-4 average breasts
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Traditional Basil Simply Pesto
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chicken breasts in a rimmed baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Scoop 1/4 cup DeLallo Simply Pesto on the chicken and rub to coat the chicken on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top each chicken breast with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through. Allow the chicken to rest for at least five minutes. Then slice and serve over Italian Pasta Salad with Sweet Oranges, Basil and Golden Tomatoes.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods. All opinions are my own.