Italian Summer Pasta with Orange and Basil
Cool fresh Italian Pasta Salad with Sweet Oranges, Basil, and Golden Tomatoes. So easy and so delicious! A summer pasta salad you’ll be making all season.
This my friends, is what I’ll be eating all summer.
Partly because I love a good summer pasta salad with fresh seasonal ingredients. And partly because I’ve got some exciting news to share…
This summer the A Spicy Perspective clan (that would be me, Lt. Dan, and Baby Spice 1 and 2) are taking A Spicy Perspective on tour to ITALY!
We’ve been planning all year for our first international trip with the kids and are so excited to share our adventures, travel photography, and of course new-found italian meals with you right here on ASP.
In preparation for our Italian experience, all four of us have been practicing the italian language via Rosetta Stone. It’s so cute to listen in as the kids roll their Rs over passionate sounding sentences about finding the restroom and eating an apple.
La donna sta mangiando una mela.
See? Everything sounds more appealing in Italian.
Subconsciously, we’ve also been craving Italian dishes more than normal. Not that we ever stop craving them. Yet simple things like a light italian pasta salad, risotto, or bruschetta have been popping up unexpectedly in the kitchen.
I must be blacking out and making them, because no one seems to know how these beautiful fresh Italian-inspired dishes come to be.
Does that happen in anyone else’s kitchen?
This is one such italian pasta salad that seemed to just come into existence, brightening my day.
Made with rustic DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, sweet mandarin oranges, fresh basil leaves, and golden tomatoes, it’s the next best thing to eating fresh pasta in Italy.
A refreshing summer pasta salad that is speckled with citrus zest from lemons, limes and oranges, and kissed with earthy olive oil. The addition of scallions and fresh basil balance the sweetness and acidity from the citrus and the golden tomatoes, making this italian pasta salad a well-rounded dish to serve on any occasion.
Like tonight, for instance. You should make it tonight.
Si consiglia di servire questa pasta stasera.
You won’t be sorry. Ciao!
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 pound DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta
- 4 small seedless oranges zest and orange segments (like clementines or mandarin oranges)
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups golden grape tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup scallions cut into 1 inch segments
- 3/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook the DeLallo pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, zest the oranges, lemon and lime. Place the zest and the juice of the lemon and lime in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and whisk. Peel the oranges and gently break the segments apart. Place them in the bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the bowl. Then pour the drained pasta over the tomatoes and gently toss to coat. Add the scallions and basil leaves to the bowl and toss. Salt and pepper generously, about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!