Healthy Baked Carrot Chips
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Healthy Baked Carrot Chips Recipe – Get your crunchy chip-fix without ruining your diet! These gluten free, low fat snacks are easy to make and easy to love.
- 2 pounds carrots (Pick the fattest carrots you can find.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim the carrot tops off. Starting on the thick end slice the carrots paper-thin on the bias to create elongated slices. You can do this with a chefs knife, but it’s better to use a mandolin slicer on the smallest setting. When you get down to the thin end, stop and save them to use in soup or salad.
- Place the carrot slices in a large bowl and add the oil, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Toss well to thoroughly coat. Then lay the slices in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges start to curl up and turn crisp. Then flip all the chip over and bake another 5-8 minutes to crisp the bottoms. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
NOTE: To avoid flipping the chips, you can bake the chips at 325 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. However they are prettier when baked at high heat.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 102 Calories
- Total Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Sodium: 781mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Protein: 1g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2