A fabulous dinner you can make in minutes! Our Chipotle Lime Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce is juicy, zesty and so inviting, lamb just may end up on the weekly menu rotation.
Just like you, there are nights I want to avoid the kitchen… Nights I’m too tired to think about what I might make for dinner. Nights I wish no one needed to be fed.
However, there are certain ingredients that can always inspire a change of heart about cooking. No matter how exhausted I am, or what happened on a given day, if these certain said ingredients are set in front of me, I will suddenly burst into a full-tilt toothy grin. Suddenly, cooking dinner is a pleasure.
What could possible get me so excited?
- Drunken goat cheese
- Squash blossoms
- Fresh thai basil
- Piquillo peppers
- Lamb chops
I’m sure you have your own list of favorite ingredients for cooking. However, today’s dish is especially exciting to me because it has two of my happy ingredients, and takes very little time to cook.
Lamb chops are my all-time favorite red meat to prepare. Hands down.
They are remarkably tender and juicy, with a rich meaty flavor. Plus, you never want to over-cook a lamb chop, so they take almost no time to grill.
There are two types of lamb chops normally found at your market. Lamb Loin Chops as I’m using today look like tiny T-bone steaks, and Lamb Rib Chops cut from a “rack of lamb” look like little meaty lollipops.
Both are suitable for this Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce recipe.
So you can feel good about eating red meat again!
My simple Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce recipe is a perfect “reward dinner” for fast mid-week meals, yet it’s elegant enough to serve at a dinner party.
The fresh creamy ranchero sauce is loaded with zesty tang from the tomatoes and smoky-sweet piquillo peppers. (Squeal!!!) The grilled lamb chops are lovingly charred on high for only two minutes per side to achieve a perfectly-pink juicy center. Then simply stack a couple grilled lamb chops on a plate and drape the sauce over the top. Perfecto!
The combination of the meaty essence and the silky bold sauce are almost too much to bear. I have a feeling Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce is going to be a new favorite for you as well. You may even add lamb as a “regular” on the menu.
You’ll be surprised at how versatile this Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce recipe is!
Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Grilled Lamb Chops with Ranchero Sauce – Juicy tender chipotle lime rubbed grilled lamb loin chops topped with a creamy spicy ranchero sauce!
For the Grilled Lamb Chops:
- 8 lamb loin chops (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Ranchero Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 ounces roasted piquillo peppers (or roasted red peppers)
- 4.5 ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place the lamb chops in a baking dish and drizzle with oil, chipotle pepper, lime zest and salt. Rub the lamb chops on all sides and set aside to marinate. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- For the Ranchero Sauce: Place a skillet over medium heat and add the oil and shallots. Saute the shallots for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients, except for the heavy cream. Simmer the ranchero sauce for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the ranchero sauce until smooth. Then stir in the heavy cream. Salt to taste.
- Place the lamb chops on the grill. Grill for approximately 2 minutes per side for medium temperature. Serve the grilled lamb chops warm with creamy ranchero sauce!
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 639 Calories
- Total Fat: 23.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2g
- Cholesterol: 208mg
- Sodium: 1415mg
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 62.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Tri-Lamb Group. All lamb-loving opinions are my own.