Looking for a refreshing beverage you can sip all season? Today’s Cucumber Rose Aperol Spritz is light, sparkling, and packed with summer flavor.
Last summer I discovered a new summer beverage I could not get enough of… the Aperol Spritz. Erin Hawley is with us today sharing an amazing cocktail variation based on this Italian favorite.
A note from Erin…
Aperol Spritz are an Italian afternoon tradition. The light, fizzy cocktail is a perfect pre-dinner sipper. This variation adds a fresh floral flavor with cucumber and rose, which is a perfect compliment to the botanicals in Aperol.
Cucumber Rose Aperol Spritz
Total Time:3 minutes (active time)
- 1.5 ounce Rose-infused Aperol*
- 2 ounce sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- 2 slices of cucumber (about an inch thick)
- splash of club soda
- For rose-infused Aperol: Combine one 750ml bottle of Aperol with an ounce of dried rose petals (these can be found in the bulk section of most specialty food stores). Shake the contents together and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. Strain the out rose petals and the Aperol is ready to use.
- Combine the Rose Aperol and cucumber together with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a tall Collins glass. Add ice and the sparkling wine. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with fresh cucumber.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Check out our classic Aperol Spritz here!
Other Great Recipes
One Pot Chicken Pasta with Light Basil Cream Sauce Next Post
Ahi Wonton Nachos with Wasabi Mayo