Perky Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing, a dazzling side dish for summer parties!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are our own.
Check the link in post below and enter to win a $250 gift card to ALDI!
Late spring and early summer parties are my favorite.
The weather is warm enough to leave all the doors wide open for an indoor-outdoor party flow. The mosquitos are not yet a problem. (At least where we live.)
Tropical beverages seem appropriate this time of year, so I get to mix tiki drinks to my heart’s content.
Best of all, fresh fruits are finally in season, making the menu light and lively!
We are currently in the process of planning a party for later this month… Friends have been notified. The deck has been power-washed. And my menu is underway, focusing all foods that celebrate summer.
I plan to serve the Sheet Pan Low Country Broil I shared with you last week, along with pulled pork, potato salad, southern broccoli salad, homemade salsa, and this fresh and vibrant Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing.
These menu items will allow me to cook some of my side dishes ahead, then have some fresh hot items I can whip up right before the party.
Today’s Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing is a fabulous way to celebrate the season.
Grilling fresh ripe summer fruit, like watermelon, pineapple, mango and peaches, draws their natural sweetness to the surface for an intensified fruity essence.
A creamy yogurt-based dressing with lime, honey, and vanilla accentuates all the fruity flavors. It also provides a warm-cool sensation when you taste the dressing on the grilled fruit.
This Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing can be served as finger food or with utensils, and makes a wonderful addition to picnics and summer parties.
Best of all, I found all this fresh summer fruit at ALDI! I saved a bundle on my entire party checklist, including the items for the Low Country Broil, the pork roast, and all the ingredients for the potato salad, broccoli slaw, and salsa.
I have become a true ALDI convert.
I’ll admit, the first time I ever visited ALDI, I didn’t get it. Bag my own groceries?
Then a friend explained to me that every element of the ALDI shopping experience was designed to offer us the very best products at the lowest cost. From the quarter check-out carts to the layout of the shelving, ALDI makes it their goal to cut out unnecessary expenses and pass on the savings to their patrons.
Once I understood the whys of the ALDI experience, it became my favorite place to shop. I can find higher quality foods… Organics, non-gmo items, and ingredients free of hormones, dyes, and preservatives, for much less than the conventional items at regular grocery chains.
Every time I plan a party, ALDI is the first stop on my errand list. My son Carson even found an awesome old-fashioned popcorn machine there, he plans to use at our upcoming event.
Check out weekly deals at ALDI to save even more for this season’s events!
Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing
- 1/2 mini seedless watermelon
- 1/2 whole fresh pineapple
- 4 kiwi
- 3 firm ripe peaches
- 1 mango
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Simply Nature wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Cut the watermelon and pineapple into wedges, 3/4 inch thick. Cut the kiwi into 1 inch rounds. Cut each peach into 6 wedges and remove the pits. along side the pit, and cut each half into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Grill the cut fruit in batches, 1 minute per side. As you take the fruit off the grill, arrange it on a large platter. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Then sprinkle fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey, lime juice, and vanilla together. Drizzle the dressing over the top and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
NOTES: All name brand ingredients listed in the recipe were found at ALDI.