Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Easy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe – This simplified Thai pasta dish has all the flavor and appeal of authentic Pad Thai, without unnecessary steps or ingredients
Hang up the Phone! You don’t have to order expensive take-out to get great Chicken Pad Thai.
With just a few ingredients and simple steps you can be dining on fresh, hot, Easy Chicken Pad Thai in your own home and save a bundle of dough on delivery.
Easy Chicken Pad Thai is such a quick and delicious dish you won’t believe you haven’t been making it at home all along. If you love Asian food you probably already have the makings for it in your kitchen.
If not, no worry, everything can be found in a regular grocery store.
This Easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe is a basic Thai dish that will satisfy your take-out cravings. It has all of the key elements of Chicken Pad Thai: chicken, eggs, green onions, garlic, mung bean sprouts, pad Thai noodles, and a great sauce.
Then it’s topped with cilantro and peanuts.
Pad Thai noodles are rice noodles typically ¼ inch wide. They are light and delicate in order to take on the flavors of the dish.
They tend to fall apart if over-cooked or stirred too vigorously, so easy does it.
I have seen many recipes that say you can substitute fettuccine for pad Thai noodles.
They may look similar, but the texture, consistency, and flavor are quite different.
I love that this is a one pot dish, don’t you?
Less clean up is always a good thing. It is super simple to put together. There is no need to remove one ingredient, in order to cook another in the same pan.
Just add all the ingredients in order, with a bit of cooking in between.
You almost feel as if you are cleaning up as you add each ingredient into the sizzling wok, (or pan.)
It only takes a few minutes of prep time, and a few more minutes of cooking time until the savory creation is ready to be enjoyed!
Easy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces.
- 8 ounces pad Thai noodles (rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, lightly chopped
- Place the noodles in a large bowl. Completely cover them with cold water and soak for 20-30 minutes, until slightly pliable.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken pieces. Set a wok or large deep pan over medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the chicken until mostly cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, green onions, and bean sprouts. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Push the ingredients to the sides, and scramble the eggs in the middle of pan until firm. Mix together.
- Drain the noodles well, then add the noodles and sauce. Stir gently to incorporate, cooking another 2-3 minutes, careful not to over cook noodles. Top with peanuts and cilantro.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!