Fun 5-ingredient Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots recipe for Saint Patrick’s Day!
Somehow I managed to make it all the way through high school and college without ever trying a jello shot.
In fact, my first jello shot experience was with my husband Lt. Dan… Troublemaker.
Coming from the mindset that adult beverages should be enjoyed slowly, and in moderation, the jello shot mentality is not quite my speed.
However, I do make one exception when it comes to jello shots. Festive Saint Patrick’s Day “adult treats” are a great way to get your party guests on the level, so to speak.
These cute little Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots are so much fun! Not only do they combine caffeine and booze for that perfect pick-me-up-yet-slow-me-down feeling, they taste delightful with a thin espresso layer on the bottom and a solid Baileys Irish Cream gelatin above.
Top them with a little dollop of fresh whipped cream and you have a 21 and over treat all your friends will adore.
Making Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots
Start by whisking hot espresso (or coffee) with 2 packets of unflavored gelatin and a little sugar. You can buy unflavored gelatin in the baking aisle at the market, or next to the flavored Jello.
Pour the coffee gelatin into a plastic lined baking dish and chill.
Next heat a portion of the Baileys Irish Cream. Don’t boil it; just get it hot enough to dissolve the gelatin. Whisk 3 packets of gelatin into the hot Baileys making sure there are no clumps. Then whisk in the remaining bottle of Irish Cream.
Pour the Irish Cream gelatin over the firm coffee gelatin and chill.
Once both layers are firm, either cut the Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots into squares, or use a small cookie cutter to cut out circles.
Note, you waste less gelatin when you cut squares… Yet you tend to snack on the scraps and end up giddier when you cut circles. So I’ve heard.
Top the Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots with a dollop of whipped cream and they are ready to pass around the Saint Paddy’s Day party.
Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots are the perfect compromise for adult guests who don’t enjoy beer or whiskey. A jello shot or two will have them grinning from ear to ear all evening long!
More Saint Paddy’s Day Recipes
Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots
Yield: 36 jello shots
Prep Time:5 minutes (active time)
Cook Time:3 minutes
5-Ingredient Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots Recipe just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day! These fun and festive “grown-up treats” take no time to prep!
- 750 ml bottle Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 cups hot coffee or espresso
- 5 packets unflavored gelatin, divided
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Whipped cream
- Line a 9 X 9 inch baking dish with plastic wrap. Pour the hot coffee into a medium bowl. Whisk in the sugar. Then briskly whisk in 2 packets of unflavored gelatin. Whisk fast to insure their are no clumps. Pour the coffee gelatin into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until firm. Then use a wooden skewer to poke holes in the surface of the gelatin. (This will help the two gelatin layers stick together.)
- Heat 1 cup of Baileys Irish Cream on the stovetop or in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until it almost simmers, then briskly whisk in 3 packets of unflavored gelatin, making sure there are no clumps. Then whisk in the remaining bottle of Baileys to the mixture. Pour the Baileys gelatin over the coffee gelatin. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until completely firm.
- Gently lift the entire sheet of gelatin out of the pan by the edges of the plastic wrap. Cut the gelatin into 36 squares. You could also use a small 1 – 1 1/2 inch cooker cutter to make round jello shots.
- Pipe small dollops of whipped cream on top of each jello shot. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTES: Although a portion of the Baileys Irish Cream is heated, these do contain a significant amount of alcohol. Serve to guests 21 and older.
Yield: 36 jello shots, Serving Size: 1 shot
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 108 Calories
- Total Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Homemade Chick Fil A Nugget and Sauce Recipe Next Post
Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce