Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls
You’ve got to try our Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls. They make an addictive holiday breakfast or party snack!
Can you believe Christmas is less than a month away? (Gulp!)
My tummy is still full from our Thanksgiving feast. Yet there’s no time to waste. We’ve got to start planning party menus, edible gifts, and festive meals for house guests.
Recipes that are multi-purpose are especially helpful around the holidays.
I’m a big fan of a main dish protein (like roast or ham) that can be repurposed into a second-day appetizer or soup. Or a dessert that could be breakfast. Or a simple savory breakfast item that doubles as an appetizer!
Today’s Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls recipe is exactly that.
They are tempting breakfast rolls. Hot herbaceous party appetizers. An irresistible afternoon snack for friends and family. You could even serve these with a side salad as lunch!
Made with simple pantry and freezer staples, found at Walmart, these Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls can be prepared the morning before a party, or the night before a family breakfast. Then refrigerated until ready to bake.
How To Make Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls
Starting with frozen bread dough, these rolls are easy to make. When I’m thawing frozen dough, I like to use Glad® Press ‘n Seal® to make a large, custom fit and airtight envelope around the dough.
The envelope seals in the goodness to protect the dough from drying out, and helping it rise faster.
Mix cream cheese with a packet of Hidden Valley® Ranch® Dip Mix to provide zesty herbs and seasonings that puts a twist on holiday dishes.
Then mix in roasted red peppers for color and tang.
Roll out the dough. Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough. Sprinkle the top with diced prosciutto and shredded cheese.
You can skip the prosciutto for a vegetarian version!
Rolls the dough into a long log and mark with a knife to measure out 12 equal piece.
Cut the rolls, tuck the ends underneath, and place in a baking dish.
While the rolls are rising, you can make a spicy glaze with cream and jalapeno jelly.
If you’d rather not add spice to the Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls, just brush the rolls with plain cream.
Once baked, these Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls are soft, fluffy, and packed with savory goodness.
They are so versatile they can go on your breakfast, lunch, or dinner table, plus be served at parties!
Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls are a tantalizing multi-purpose recipe you’ve just got to make this season.
Packed with intense flavor from the Hidden Valley® Dip Mix, prosciutto, and red peppers, they create smiles with every bite!
For more holiday recipes that use Hidden Valley, check out Walmart’s website here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® & Glad®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Zesty Prosciutto Cheese Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound frozen bread dough
- 10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Hidden Valley® Ranch® Dip Mix Packet
- 6 ounces roasted red pepper, drained (1 jar - equal to 1 whole pepper)
- 3 ounces diced prosciutto ham
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly or hot pepper jelly
- Place the frozen bread dough on a large sheet of Glad® Press ‘n Seal® wrap. Lay another sheet over the top. Then press the two pieces of Glad® Press ‘n Seal® together to create an airtight envelope. Allow the dough to thaw and rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Once the dough has at least doubled in size, chop the prosciutto and red pepper into small pieces. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, Hidden Valley® Ranch® Dip Mix, and chopped red peppers.
- Flour a work surface. Take the dough out on the envelope and roll it out into a large 12 X 17 inch rectangle. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top, leaving a 1-inch strip of dough bare along one long edge. Sprinkle the chopped prosciutto and shredded cheese over the top.
- Starting on the cream cheese covered long edge, roll the dough towards the bare end. Mark the roll with a knife to create 12 equal sections. Then use a serrated knife to cut the roll into 12 small rolls.
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the rolls in the dish, tucking the bare dough ends under the rolls to help stop filling leakage.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Let the rolls rise while the oven is preheating. Warm the jalapeno jelly in the microwave, then whisk in the heavy cream. Brush the mixture over the tops and sides of the rolls. If skipping the spicy jelly, just brush the rolls with cream.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until puffy in the center and golden brown. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
So yummy! We loved this recipe. You have won my heart ..!
Fantastic ! Thank you very much for your demonstrations and recipes !You are the best! Sincerely
My dad have a diabetes , do you think this dish is good for him?
These must taste really good. Looks like the perfect NBA playoff snack!
These must taste really good. Grilled cheese is the best!
I adjusted the recipe to my taste. I bought a really tasty ham chunk. I bought cracker barrel white cheddar cheese for this. It was just incredible. NOT a diet food but wow very very good. We are making it for Christmas day. Highly recommended.
Looks awesome – would you mind sharing what brand of bread dough you use?