Best No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Perfect No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna – The easiest and the BEST recipe for classic Chocolate Lasagna, made with layers of pudding, cream cheese fluff, and an Oreo crust. It’s a totally sweet no-bake dessert treat everyone will love!
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
Hands up if you remember eating Chocolate Lasagna as a kid. You can probably still taste each of the cold and creamy, sweet and chocolatey layers right now, amirite?
This classic Chocolate Lasagna recipe is an oldie, but a goodie. We always had it at church potlucks when I was a little girl, and I’ve loved making it for my family since my children were young.
If you’ve never tried this quick and easy treat before, be prepared to be amazed. One bite of this no-bake dessert and you are going to have to stop yourself from eating the entire pan. Seriously, it’s that good.
And in case you are still wondering, no. There are no lasagna noodles involved in this recipe…
Although the name includes “lasagna,” this is only in reference to the way the dessert is made of multiple layers and prepared in a large pan. That’s about as lasagna-y as this recipe gets.
Instead, you will find 4 dreamy layers of goodness that are incredibly easy to make, including a no-bake oreo cookie crust, instant chocolate pudding, cream cheese fluff, and whipped topping. It’s very simple in flavor, but decidedly addictive!
Ingredients You Need
There are 4 delicious and distinct layers to this Chocolate Lasagna recipe. Here’s everything you need to make each sweet and yummy layer:
For the Oreo layer:
- Oreo cookies – crushed into cookie crumbs
- Melted butter
To make the Cream Cheese layer:
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Cool whip (1/2 a container)
For the Chocolate Pudding layer:
- Instant chocolate pudding
- Instant coffee granules – optional to intensify the chocolate flavor
Lastly, to prepare the Whipped Topping layer:
- Cool whip (the remaining 1/2 of the container)
- Mini chocolate chips – or other toppings like shaved chocolate or cocoa powder
What Equipment You Will Need:
- Large Food Processor (or a Ziplock, a rolling pin, and a mixer)
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- Sharp Knife
- Large Bowl
How to Make the BEST Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Step #1 – Make the No-Bake Oreo Crust
Follow these step-by-step instructions.
Set out a large food processor. Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl. Cover and pulse into fine crumbs. Then add in the melted butter and pulse to coat.
If you don’t have a food processor you can place the cookies in a zip bag and smash them with a rolling pin. It takes a bit more effort but is equally effective!
Pour the Oreo cookie crumbs into a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Press into an even layer, and chill while you prep the remaining layers.
Pro Tip: Using a piece of parchment (or wax) paper to cover the crumbled cookie and butter mixture will help you get the evenest layer and keeps your hands clean.
Step #2 – Make the Cream Cheese Layer
Next, rinse out the food processor bowl. Add in the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. Puree until smooth.
Then remove the blade and scoop HALF (8 ounces) of the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Fold with a spatula until smooth. You want to reserve the remaining half to top the Chocolate Lasagna.
Scoop the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly over the crust. Put back in the fridge.
Step #3 – Make the Chocolate Pudding
Again, rinse out the food processor bowl. Add in the chocolate pudding powder, milk, and instant coffee.
Cover and puree until smooth. Scoop the pudding into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Step #4 – Add the Final Layer to the Chocolate Lasagna
Now spread the remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the chocolate pudding.
Then sprinkle the top of the Chocolate Lasagna with mini chocolate chips.
Get the Complete (Printable) Chocolate Lasagna Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Step #5 – Chill and Serve
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. For best cutting results, freeze for 2-3 hours.
When ready to enjoy, remove from the fridge or freezer, slice, and plate. But I recommend you let the frozen plated pieces sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving for the best texture.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe Variations
There are a number of ways you can add a fun twist to this classic no-bake dessert recipe!
Feel free to add a splash of your favorite extract: Mint, rum, coconut, vanilla, or raspberry are just a few fun flavored extracts that taste fabulously mixed in with the chocolate pudding layer.
We love sprinkling mini chocolate chips over the final layer, but there are lots of other tasty goodies you can use. Try topping Chocolate Lasagna with:
- Chocolate shavings – for an extra fancy dessert
- Cocoa powder – for a tiramisu effect
- Chopped almonds – or other nuts you like
- Shredded coconut – particularly good if you are including coconut or rum extract
- Crushed Oreo cookies – if you just can’t get enough crumbled cookie yumminess
- Chocolate sprinkles – kids love this version!
Make-Ahead and Storage Suggestions
Chocolate Lasagna is a great make-ahead no-bake dessert recipe!
It can be made 4-5 days before serving and kept in the refrigerator, or kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Cover the pan with one or two layers of plastic cling wrap. To freeze for more than a day, I suggest that you also wrap the pan in a layer of aluminum foil.
If the lasagna has been frozen for more than a few hours, let it sit on the counter for several minutes before slicing and serving.
Looking for More Fabulous No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
- Magic Chocolate Eclair Cake (No-Bake!)
- Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
- Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
- Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Fluffy No-Bake Chocolate Banoffee Pie
Check the printable recipe card below for nutritional information including calories, carbohydrates, protein, fat, cholesterol, sodium, and sugar.
The Best No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe + VIDEO
Oreo Layer –
- 40 Oreo cookies
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
Cream Cheese Layer –
Chocolate Pudding Layer –
Whipped Topping Layer –
- Remaining Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or ½ cup chocolate shavings
- Oreo Crust: Set out a large food processor. Place the Oreo cookies in a bowl. Cover and pulse into fine crumbs. Then add in the melted butter and pulse to coat. *If you don’t have a food processor you can place the cookies in a zip bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Then use a mixer for the other steps.
- Pour the Oreo crumbs in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Press into an even layer and chill.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Next, rinse out the food processor bowl. Add in the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. Puree until smooth. Then remove the blade and scoop HALF (8 ounces) of the Cool Whip into the cream cheese. Fold with a spatula until smooth. Scoop the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly over the crust. Chill.
- For the Chocolate Pudding Layer: Rinse out the food processor bowl again. Add in the chocolate pudding powder, milk, and instant coffee. Cover and puree until smooth. Scoop into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Toppings: Spread the remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the chocolate pudding. Then sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. For best cutting results, freeze for 2-3 hours, then cut and serve. Allow the frozen plated pieces to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.