Hearty Sausage and Kale Soup with a hint of cheesy goodness. This warming dish is loaded with cozy ingredients that make any meal feel special!
Sausage and Kale Soup is a greedy kind of soup, as all good soups should be.
It isn’t satisfied until all the right ingredients are incorporated…
Onions and garlic for depth of flavor. Not enough.
Sausage for zesty meaty goodness. Keep it coming.
Kale and potatoes for contrasting textures. Closer, but not quite there.
Wine, parmesan and crushed red pepper for body and complexity. Almost.
A splash of cream for silky spoonfuls. Finally.
Greedy. Yet in the best way imaginable.
After all, a single note soup isn’t really a soup at all.
It’s a broth concoction, or a simple sauce at the very most.
This Sausage and Kale Soup, dear friends, is serious soup. Stout soup. Generous soup.
Did I say greedy? I meant generous. Very generous.
Sausage and Kale Soup is a cozy mid-week dinner your family will love.
It’s filled to the brim with hearty flavors that are impossible to resist once mingled together.
The aroma, intoxicating.
The taste, comforting.
The overall experience, healing.
Do soup this season right this year!
Sausage and Kale Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 pound small new potatoes, sliced into thin circles
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and chopped (remove stems)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large sauce pot over medium heat and add the oil, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the sausage to the pot. Brown the sausage and break it apart with a wooden spoon into small pieces.
- Once the sausage is brown, add the potato slices, chopped kale, chicken stock, wine, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat if needed, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in the cream and parmesan cheese. Then taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.