Sweet and tangy Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes, perfect for spring parties!
We should appreciate those we love all year long, but sometimes we need a little reminder. Or at least I do.
I need to recognize that my son is a joy, even when he splashes so much water out of the tub that it floods through the light fixtures below.
And sometimes I need to keep in mind that my daughter is a tender-hearted angel, although she leaves a messy trail through every room of the house immediately after I’ve cleaned it!
Cupcakes are a great way to show our loved ones just how special they are to us.
These zingy Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes a treat, my kids absolutely adore. They are perfect to take to a party or deliver to a friendly neighbor. Best yet, they are a tasty surprise when the kids come home after a long day at school.
Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes could make anyone’s day a little bit brighter!
More Dazzling Cupcakes
Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
Yield: 30 cupcakes
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Soft and tangy Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes Recipe – A fabulous cupcake recipe for spring, using lemon zest, raspberry jam, and fresh raspberries!
For the Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Frosting:
- 8 ounces cold cream cheese
- 3/4 cup room-temperature butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (“spreadable fruit” is thicker and easier to work with)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 3+ cups powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners and spray the liners with nonstick baking spray. (It makes the liners peel off easier.)
- Combine the flour, corn starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and salt in an electric mixer. Mix on low speed until combined. Add the butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. With the mixer on medium speed, add the wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down the sides of bowl before each addition. Beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not over-beat.
- Divide the batter evenly among liners, filling about two-thirds full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- For the Frosting: In the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and jam together until smooth. Add the vanilla, salt and food coloring. Mix until an even colored pink is reached.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, to avoid a sugar cloud. Then turn the mixer up until the frosting is smooth. Place in the refrigerator until and cupcakes are cooled and ready to be frosted. Once the cupcakes are completely cool, frost the cupcakes and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Yield: 30 cupcakes, Serving Size: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 307 Calories
- Total Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 204mg
- Carbohydrates: 42.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 28.9g
- Protein: 3.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!