No holiday cookie platter would be complete without a killer shortbread cookie recipe. This simple Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Recipe is sure to be a new family favorite!
So many Christmas cookies, so little time.
Today’s Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are one of my very last cookie recipes to share before Christmas.
Sniff, sniff. I know. If only we had a few more weeks…
I’ve still got dazzling cocktails and party dishes that need to make it to your holiday table, so cookies are going-out-with-gusto.
Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
I originally made this cookie recipe The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, hosted by Julie and Lindsay. This is an annual holiday event in which food bloggers send a box of their favorite cookies to several other bloggers and receive cookies in return.
Then we all post our recipes on the same day for one Cookie-tastic Recipe Swap!
Shortbread has always been at the top of my list for Christmas cookies and this simple recipe is no exception.
It’s buttery, crispy, and packed with dark chocolate and pistachio pieces.
Every holiday cookie exchange should have at least one good shortbread cookie recipe in the mix.
Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies make wonderful cut-out cookies, and can even be frosting and decorated, so the chocolate and pistachios are a hidden surprise when you take a bite!
Of all the cookies I’ve made this season, these Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies were my family’s favorite.
This shortbread cookie recipe is subtle at first taste, yet the earthy flavors work their way to the forefront, so much so, that you can’t stop eating them.
They are fantastic with coffee or hot chocolate and are sturdy enough to ship.
Don’t Have Time To Bake This Year?
BONUS RECIPE: Check out these easy semi-homemade Chocolate Raspberry Sandwich Cookies using crunchy Mulino Bianco Pan Di Stelle cookies! (Video sponsored by Barilla.)
More Dazzling Holiday Cookie Recipes
Pistachio-Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Recipe
This simple crunchy Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Recipe is sure to be a new family favorite!
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy–3-5 minutes. (Don’t skimp on the time–this make a big difference in texture.)
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix in. Then slowly add the flour until just combined. Mix in the chocolate and pistachios.
- Dump the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Press into a disk, then wrap well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Break the dough in half, leaving half in the fridge.
- Flour a work surface and roll out half the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Using a 2-3 inch cookie cutter, cut out the cookies very close together. Then gather the remaining dough, re-roll and cut again. Every time you roll out the dough it gets tougher, so try to cut as many from the first roll as possible. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and cool on the cookie sheets 2-3 minutes, before moving to a cooling rack.
Other Great Recipes
Three-Cheese Baked Oysters Recipe Next Post
Bistecca alla Fiorentina (Florentine Steak Platter)